Tigerstripe's Huge Gut...is it Normal?

Help Support CattleToday:

Ratfish

Reaction score
DSC01743.JPG

DSC01751.JPG

I'm wondering if that's normal since it is a big difference in a fairly short amount of time. He doesn't seem to be hindered by it much at all.

good lord, i thought i had big pictures!

nothing to worry about. looks like hes been eating something.

Is he urinating? Waterbelly is caused by stones inthe urinary tract but I would think it would be more likely in older steers/bulls.
Just grasping at strawss

dun

dun":2b9h4ehd said:
Is he urinating? Waterbelly is caused by stones inthe urinary tract but I would think it would be more likely in older steers/bulls.
Just grasping at strawss

dun

I have never seen a steer/bull with waterbelly, but I do know that there are people around here that have had weaned calves with it (4-8 months old)

When was he last de-wormed?

animals often get pot bellied when wormy. They will look a little thin on the front and back. Your pictures are hard to tell, but he looks a little thin in those areas. Does he have dull, discolored hair under and around his belly? That would be a sure sign.

well i wouldnt expect his look too change for awhile.it take them some time too finish on grass he be needen some grain too fill in the low places. and he looks like he has a few. he's not the best canidate for grass fed anyhow

I like cattle with large bellies. They have more feed holding capacity and can spend more time laying around and chewing the cud, therefore expending less energy. My 2 cents. Or less.

Latest posts