Tiger Stripe X Hereford?

Help Support CattleToday:

BK9954

Reaction score
I got a brown calf from my tiger heifer and a registered angus bull. Am I to assume if I breed my tiger with a hereford bull I would het something like a braford/light hereford? Anyone do this and have pictures?

Should be around 3/ 4 hereford or so .. I'm not sure what the end goal is but if it's pounds at the sale barn put a charolais bull on them ..I have a tiger cow that was bred by the hereford bull and the calf looks just like hereford..

I would definitely think it's going show alot of Hereford. I'm assuming you have a Hereford bull? if not I would I would do like JS and use Charolais or some other terminal sire.

BK what are your goals here?

I have posted 3/4 herf/brimmer several times they will be Hereford marked as far as charistics of two full sisters one shows heavy brimmer influence the other Hereford

Getting hereford bull for my black cows but I like this cow so I was thinking about keeping her. So far she has been a good momma. Before she calved I was going to sell her to keep my herd uniform but with cattle prices I am considering keeping any decent stock I have.

BK9954":23pfau8r said:
Getting hereford bull for my black cows but I like this cow so I was thinking about keeping her. So far she has been a good momma. Before she calved I was going to sell her to keep my herd uniform but with cattle prices I am considering keeping any decent stock I have.
Her steers will sell well and her heifers will bring a premium if you retain to about 800 pounds.

Caustic Burno":20ikp98p said:
I have posted 3/4 herf/brimmer several times they will be Hereford marked as far as charistics of two full sisters one shows heavy brimmer influence the other Hereford
I have had the same thing with two full sisters. I had two full sisters that were born a year apart. The sire was a Line One Horned Hereford and the momma was a Beefmaster. The oldest one looked like a straight Beefmaster that was Hereford marked. She is 9 now, very fertile, gives good milk, and raises a good calf every year. Her sister looked like a straight Hereford and milked just like a lot of them. I sent her up the road for fertility issues, but she left me a daughter that is more like her aunt than her momma.

We sort a good portion of our mature black cows that dont have white on them into pastures where we put hereford bulls on them. love the results.

Those 75% hereford 25% Brahman make outstanding cows, but IF you can run F1s with a Charolais bull you'll get better terminal results. Typically they are a lot calmer than the F1, usually more fertile (I know contrary to what the text book says) better udders than the F1, but nothing beats the true F1 tiger IF you can handle them.

Now the 75% Brahman 25% Hereford is probably the worst cross you can hope to have, wild and aggressive, really subfertile, poor doers and poor milkers.

The F-1 I have was VERY wild as a yearling and still gets that way every once and a while but she is the only one I have so I will keep her. A whole herd of them would be a little too much for my time or equipment.

Usually your handling is what brings on bad behavior in an F-1 you can lead one anywhere can't drive them nowhere.
They don't handle hooping and hollering well or quick movements they work best under slow and steady.
If she acts up usually is either your behavior or she doesn't trust you as they have very long memories. Never had one raised here that was bat shyt crazy have bought some that were.

I bought this one as a yearling. Must have been where I got her from. She has settled except every once and a while gets spooked.

BK994 here is a great video of 3/4 Hereford 1/4 Nelore cattle.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dPc6nFOpjBU

A great deal of the homogeneity of this herd is due to the fact it is Hereford x Nelore instead of Hereford x Brahman. An F1 Braford using Brahman can be all over the map on type and performance.

This tiger striped bull calf, just turning a year old now, is out of my Gyr/Indu cow that I bred to my son's registered Red Angus bull.....

JWBrahman":2g3lia6c said:
BK994 here is a great video of 3/4 Hereford 1/4 Nelore cattle.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dPc6nFOpjBU

A great deal of the homogeneity of this herd is due to the fact it is Hereford x Nelore instead of Hereford x Brahman. An F1 Braford using Brahman can be all over the map on type and performance.

I know the Nelore is much older breed, is that why?

Latest posts