Ticks

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
We must have had a massive population explosion of those nasty little buggers!

I found one on my blind indoor cat about a week ago and yesterday I had one just starting to bite me on the back of my neck!
Talked to other people and they are having problems in town and our county weed spraying crew is coming in covered in them.
Tried to find tick stuff for our animals yesterday and only found 1 box for our dog. Going to go to the city and get stuff for the cats.

We're experiencing alot this year more than any time in recent memory.. I know they don't but it is almost as if they have a seventeen year cycle like cicadas.

We have yard chickens and five guinea, I don"t care much for the guinea's.
Kathy said she has them to eat the tick's. Maybe It works, I've seen no tick's.

Kerley, you're the second person in two days I've heard say guineas eat ticks, so must be some truth to it!

the truth is both chickens and guinieas eat ticks.i know when i had them there wasnt any ticks around here.

First spring in 14 years I do not have chickens free ranging. :( Had a couple guineas for awhile too.
Have a large order of chicks coming in June and Guineas in August.

Treated all the cat's and the dog last night plus got house spray. Hope it keeps them at bay!

I found a couple on the back of my yearling bull... The feral horses around here were so chock full of them, but most of them got shipped out, so we exported our ticks.

I luv herfrds":3f6h9qik said:
First spring in 14 years I do not have chickens free ranging. :( Had a couple guineas for awhile too.
Have a large order of chicks coming in June and Guineas in August.

Treated all the cat's and the dog last night plus got house spray. Hope it keeps them at bay!

One of the best sprays I've found for horses and dogs on ticks, flys and mosquitos is Zonk It!

http://www.horsetackreview.com/article-display/347.html

ga.prime":2kiif7e2 said:
Kerley, you're the second person in two days I've heard say guineas eat ticks, so must be some truth to it!
They do. We also have yard Chickens.

I'll have to get me a couple Guinieas to go with the chickens. My wife is scared to death of the ticks now because my dad's wife has lyme disease.

Haven't pulled any ticks off the dogs yet. We have free range chickens running all over and it does seem to help. People say that guineas are even better against ticks but I don't think so. I did find a tick crawling on me but it hadn't bitten yet. I think I got it from standing in grass off the shoulder of the road, waiting for my ride when my car broke down a couple weeks ago.

Latest posts