Throw Back

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
I had the twins last weekend, they have been after me to go upstairs so I finally let them. They began rummaging through drawers and found this picture, their daddy purchased this cow using his steer money and high school graduation gifts. She was a good one out of the Fink program in Kansas, he purchased her at a dispersal sale in Georgia for the life of me I can't remember the name of the farm. The cow is Finks Pride 6211 345 71 reg# 12787913. She was a pretty nice cow, we flushed her once, we still have some of the genetics working in the herd. Those old Traveler 71 cows were some wonderful mammas.

gizmom

Ok I found the transfer record she was purchased from KMK Acres in Georgia. I remember it being a really beautiful place, but back in those days we went to a bunch of registered sales in Georgia and some beautiful places. I enjoyed going to sales still do we just don't get to many anymore.

gizmom

The cow was born in 96 so I think the picture was probably taken between 98 and 2000. I still have embryos in the tank out of her and B/R New Design 323. The embryos are not direct transfer they have to be thawed in stages which makes them hard to use. She really was a pretty cow.

gizmom

Latest posts