Moved bulls back in with cows

Help Support CattleToday:

Ky, I blinked and missed that. That would give you calving mid to end of winter??? About what I do, calves are a good age to take advantage of the early spring growth, in a good year that usually involves a lot of clover here and they do well.

Ken

Ky, I blinked and missed that. That would give you calving mid to end of winter??? About what I do, calves are a good age to take advantage of the early spring growth, in a good year that usually involves a lot of clover here and they do well.

Ken
Yes according to the American Angus Association gestation calendar, a cow bred today would be due 2/23. That's a little later than I have been putting them out in past, but hoping that will be getting towards the end of the worst weather. I've found calves born then just seem to do good if they get a good start. It also gives around a cycle for the cows to get bred before it turns off real hot usually.

Yes according to the American Angus Association gestation calendar, a cow bred today would be due 2/23. That's a little later than I have been putting them out in past, but hoping that will be getting towards the end of the worst weather. I've found calves born then just seem to do good if they get a good start. It also gives around a cycle for the cows to get bred before it turns off real hot usually.
I will NOT be calving in February whatsoever! But it's almost time for me to move Ol Big Sexy home too. Tightening things up here. I was really pleased how last year went at the lease place. Most calved within 30 days. (Fall calvers) Had 2 stragglers. One is already sold, tho not because she was out of sync. Udder was not good.

A cow will do what a cow does!

And that means sometimes 2 weeks early.
Last 2 February's have been absolutely brutal here. The year before last it stretched all the was to Dallas if I remember right.

Yo bulls looked nice in the 8 seconds I saw them!!

I will NOT be calving in February whatsoever! But it's almost time for me to move Ol Big Sexy home too. Tightening things up here. I was really pleased how last year went at the lease place. Most calved within 30 days. (Fall calvers) Had 2 stragglers. One is already sold, tho not because she was out of sync. Udder was not good.

A cow will do what a cow does!

And that means sometimes 2 weeks early.
Last 2 February's have been absolutely brutal here. The year before last it stretched all the was to Dallas if I remember right.

Yo bulls looked nice in the 8 seconds I saw them!!
I had to edit them down to next to nothing before they would post😭.
Wife videoed the bulls practically loading themselves. We've been through the routine several times with them and they know what to do.
Then she videoed them going out into their new pastures. Thought I'd see if I could post the videos, but only about 5 seconds is all it would do.

Last edited:
I had to edit them down to next to nothing before they would post😭.
Wife videoed the bulls practically loading themselves. We've been through the routine several times with them and they know what to do.
Then she videoed them going out into their new pastures. Thought I'd see if I could post the videos, but only about 5 seconds is all it would do.
They are very quick to realise that girls are at the end of a truck ride I believe.

Ken

Bulls are all out with the cows around here and have been for a couple weeks. I don't see any bulls laying around in the bull pastures.
I saw neighbor C go by with some bulls in his trailer. I thought where is he going with those bulls. Ran into him later and asked. He told me where he hauled them to to turn out. I didn't say anything but dang I don't like driving up that road with the quad much less hauling a load of bulls in a trailer. But people drag trailers here into places I would never consider.