Three more dead

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard":lmcz2hra said:
Until people are punished justly....
Key word--justly. Meaning according to the law I hope and not according to mob rule.
Absolulely but many here promote the shoot them in the head on the courthouse lawn....no trial mentioned.....makes them no better than the people they are killing.

TexasBred":zztlozy4 said:
greybeard":zztlozy4 said:
Until people are punished justly....
Key word--justly. Meaning according to the law I hope and not according to mob rule.
Absolulely but many here promote the shoot them in the head on the courthouse lawn....no trial mentioned.....makes them no better than the people they are killing.

I'm right here y'all can talk to my face....
Your right about the trial tb. But when there's multiple with witnesses and even video. Try em today kill em in the morning. Decades of appeals to argue the obvious are not necessary.
If one of your children was a victim I'm sure you would hold nothing back.
The murder Victims certainly didn't get legal representation, trials and appeals.

You seriously want to say that a working law abiding citizen, is now better than a militant racist murderer..? :pop:

callmefence":3pm6d19j said:
TexasBred":3pm6d19j said:
greybeard":3pm6d19j said:

I'm right here y'all can talk to my face....
Your right about the trial tb. But when there's multiple with witnesses and even video. Try em today kill em in the morning. Decades of appeals to argue the obvious are not necessary.
If one of your children was a victim I'm sure you would hold nothing back.
The murder Victims certainly didn't get legal representation, trials and appeals.

You seriously want to say that a working law abiding citizen, is now better than a militant racist murderer..? :pop:
Fence I believe in due process. Every accused gets a trial in a legal court. That's the law of our land. But then yes carry out the sentence but you don't get to be judge, jury and executioner. If you can't accept and abide by the laws of the land then you are a criminal as well and no better than the people you are wanting to kill.

So I guess hanging horse thieves and cattle rustlers back in the day was all hog wash?
"You run with outlaws you die with outlaws" I guess it was all bs.

True Grit Farms":3rmu7bq0 said:
So I guess hanging horse thieves and cattle rustlers back in the day was all hog wash?
Some of it probably was---and some still is: (From today's news)
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016 ... /87343304/

CHICAGO — Prosecutors on Wednesday dropped murder charges against two men who spent more than 23 years in prison for murder, but have long insisted they were framed by a Chicago police detective who is at the center of several wrongful conviction probes.

Jose Montanez, 49, and Armando Serrano, 44, who have long insisted on their innocence, were able to walk out of separate Illinois prisons on Wednesday afternoon, just hours after Judge LeRoy Martin agreed to the prosecutor's office request to vacate their convictions for 1993 murder for the 1993 murder of Rodrigo Vargas, slain in what authorities said was an armed robbery. Their freedom came more than a decade after the prosecution's star witness recanted his testimony.

The move by the office of Cook County State's Attorney Anita Alvarez comes after a state appellate court ruling issued last month found that "profoundly alarming acts of misconduct in the underlying investigation and prosecution" led to the men's convictions.

It was an about face for Alvarez, who initially resisted a recommendation issued last year by former federal prosecutor Scott Lassar that the prosecutor reopen six cases, including the murder convictions of Montanez and Serrano, that were investigated by police detective Reynaldo Guevara. The cop, who retired more than a decade ago, has faced dozens of allegations of framing or beating confessions out of suspects during his time as detective in a predominantly Latino neighborhood on the city's Northwest Side. Lassar's firm, Sidley Austin, was commissioned by Mayor Rahm Emanuel's office to review the allegations.

"Anita Alvarez has indicated a new direction with these Guevara cases," said Russell Ainsworth, an attorney with the University of Chicago's Exoneration Project who represented Montanez. "We are now no longer viewing these men as murderers but as the innocent men that they are. Their cases need to be reexamined. There are dozens and dozens of people who are innocent and currently incarcerated because of Detective Guevara's conduct."

Facing the prospect of a retrial, Alvarez's office said in a statement that prosecutors "determined that we are unable to meet our burden of proof at this time, so we believe that it is in the best interests of justice to dismiss this case."

True Grit Farms":36cru0mz said:
Actually it was if it was done without a legitimate trial with legal representation. That sir is the law of hte land.

TexasBred":1vk36jld said:
True Grit Farms":1vk36jld said:
Actually it was if it was done without a legitimate trial with legal representation. That sir is the law of hte land.

Castle doctrine actually does give the law abiding citizen the right under certain, but rather broad circumstances to be judge ,jury and executioner. It doesn't have to be at home and it doesn't necessarily have to be self defense.
I don't argue the right for due process. Nothing more tragic than condemning a innocent man.
But when it's glaringly obvious. Have a little trial, get up in the morning and deal with it.

Some people will start thinking about the path they take

callmefence":1up7s8hv said:
TexasBred":1up7s8hv said:
True Grit Farms":1up7s8hv said:

Castle doctrine actually does give the law abiding citizen the right under certain, but rather broad circumstances to be judge ,jury and executioner. It doesn't have to be at home and it doesn't necessarily have to be self defense.
I don't argue the right for due process. Nothing more tragic than condemning a innocent man.
But when it's glaringly obvious. Have a little trial, get up in the morning and deal with it.

Some people will start thinking about the path they take

Castle doctrine covers your "habitation, car and workplace". It does not include all your property."A little trial"??? Those are more commonly called kangaroo courts. :nod:

Latest posts