Those pesky "noise complaints"...

Help Support CattleToday:

Right, I got it; so you know about the Navy and how it was many years ago.

So you know nothing about the Army and how it is currently.

I hope you at least stayed at a Holiday Inn express last night!

Vietnam, the Navy, or the horrors of war have absolutely nothing to do with the current crisis in the Army. There is a real reason the Army was the only service not able to meet their recruitment goals.

PS: Just for the record, I love the Army and am proud of my service and record. It disgust me what is happening to it.

If you built a beautiful barn and then one day you hired a handyman who started taking it apart piece by piece would you be able to see what he was doing to your barn or would you only see the beautiful barn you once had. What would you do. Fix the barn or close your eyes. The choice is yours.

PPS: So your not a lifer. You had enough after one enlistment.

And you have the nerve to call me a whiner. :roll:

3MR":3jc4nglq said:
PPS: So your not a lifer. You had enough after one enlistment.

And you have the nerve to call me a whiner. :roll:
Yes I had enough after one enlistment. Despite your service record and years of service I sincerly doubt that you have seen what I saw in my enlistment. I'm taking my dog out of this fight because you can't win a battle of wits with an unarmed man. Thank you for serving and good luck with the remainder of your enlistment.

ps For your information I do know how the military was when I was in,how it was 20,10,and 5 years ago and I know how it is now. Also for your information my brother inlaw is currently serving,Senior Chief Master Sargent,going on 30 years,my father inlaw served 28 years and retired a Bird Colonel. I will tell you why the Army has the lowest enlistment rate in it's history. The reason is because if you enlist in the Army now you WILL go to a war zone. Have a great day.

Long ago I said that I'd not make another political comment...so I won't.

Just love to hear the whine of the engines winding down during initial approach...and always look up to see if I correctly identified the A/C. Never miss the rotor whopp whopp and still get a warm fuzzy feeling when I hear a U-H1...spent enough time strapped to them a lifetime ago.
We're under the approach to Fairchild AFB and my thoughts are about the crews returning home.

Just my two bits worth....Dave Mc

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":1lxryxz6 said:
ps For your information I do know how the military was when I was in,how it was 20,10,and 5 years ago and I know how it is now. Also for your information my brother inlaw is currently serving,Senior Chief Master Sargent,going on 30 years,my father inlaw served 28 years and retired a Bird Colonel. I will tell you why the Army has the lowest enlistment rate in it's history. The reason is because if you enlist in the Army now you WILL go to a war zone. Have a great day.

I thought you said you were taking your dog out of this fight. This sounds like another comment, not a dog on his way home.

I have tried real hard not to stoop to the level of insults. I see you on the other hand do not seem to have that ability.

By the way, were you drafted or did you enlist? Did you join the Navy to make sure you wouldnt get drafted in the Army or Marines.

Im glad your BiL is a Senior Master Chief. Im a chief in the Army, not the Navy. We arent enlisted. Im glad you are so in tune with the Navy, But then again, doesnt seem like you really have a clue about the Army.

Incidently, I also volunteered for both tours I did in Iraq. I would also be authroized a combat patch for duty in South America, Africa and Eastern Europe.

I have served on every continent in the world except for Autralia and Antartica.

Im not going to compare war stories. Suffice to say you have no clue what I have seen or might have done. Im sure you saw lots of Action on your ship. Unless you are going to tell me you where a Corpsman with the Marines I dont want to hear it.

The reason the Army has such a dismal retention and recruiting record is because they have forgotten how to say thank you.

Because they take and take and never give back. Because a Senior leader can be a pedophyle, drug smuggler, and/or general criminal and not go to jail, but a private who is late for formation gets his @ss handed to him and confined.

Because they want higher educated soldiers, but refuse to treat them like they are educated.

Because they confuse rank with inteligence and/or being correct.

Because they treat Soldiers like a comodity, make decisions based upon dollars rather than sense and have to be shamed into providing minimal protective gear.

Because senior leaders reconize the issues, make policy to correct it, but refuse to enforce it. Becasue if it looks good on paper everythig must be good in real life.

Because they have let discipline fall below an acceptable level. They try to fix this by emulating some of the regulations from the MArine corps. They fail to realize the reason the Marine Corps has such a high level of discipline is they not only have their regulations. What I have observed is they also enforce them in a consistent manner. They take appropriate action commensurate with the violation regardless of rank. They dont turn a mole hill into a mountain. They are also probably the most abused and worst treated service out their, but still manage to instill pride in service and unit, by making sure their Marines know they are appreciated and respected as Marines by their superiors who themselves have not forgotten how to say thank you.

Hmmm, For an unarmed man seems like I have lots of ammuntion based upon first hand knowledge rather than a missguided sense of patriotism. Someone who loves their country and their service will take action to correct what they see as a problem. You dont have to agree with me, but you dont have to be a jerk either. Dont think for you second you have some innate ability to decide if I am a patriot or not. I hae spent over 20 years of my life defending freedom and the American way of life. I will not for one second let you decide I dont have the the same rights I have I have been defending for you.

I could go on an on, but I will stop there. Im sure you have made it home with your dog by now.

PS: To everybody who has had to bare with this dissagreement, I appologize. I am in know way am intending to sanctify the idiot who wrote the letter to the editor and think the response he recieved was outstanding. It just made me think of something else, which I posted on. I suppose I should have posted in a seperate thread and we might have aliviated all this name calling and insults.

:clap: All I can say is...YOU GO STEVE!!!!! Wow!!!! Thank you for fighting the good fight on ALL fronts. :clap:

Alice

Alice":oonoakgz said:
:clap: All I can say is...YOU GO STEVE!!!!! Wow!!!! Thank you for fighting the good fight on ALL fronts. :clap:

Alice

ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM :lol:

As a former Marine sitting back listening to this "disagreement" I will comment on a few things. One of the main reasons Marines, or should I say most, have a higher level of discipline, is what we call Esprit de Corps. It was taught to us in bootcamp along with extensive Marine Corps history. That instills a great sense of pride and therefore discipline. i know many Soldiers who can't even tell me when the Army was founded or who prominent leaders of the past were. We used to quiz boot soldiers in the field and were amazed how little Army knowledge they had.

Just a little test....Tommy R, Warpaint, Just curious, USMC ranch girl....what is the birthdate of the Marine Corps and where. I'll bet they had an immediate answer, without even thinking. Thats important. It's what makes me so proud to own a set of dress blues hanging in my closet ...cleaned, ironed, ips pulled, ribbons dressed and ready to go if needed. Always will be...forever.

I by no means intend disrespect, but I too have served overseas and stateside, and have trained with Soldiers as well as foreign servicemen, and I have to say I am disappointed too with todays Soldier. Oh, my brother is a Soldier and agrees with me. Not knowing the Army structure, I may be mistaking todays Soldier for todays Army. If that is the case, shame on the Army way, for allowing its soldiers to be left behind. The Army's motto says it all for me....."Army of One." As a Marine we are taught just the opposite. There is no one Marine, there is a CORPS! Again I mean no disrespect, just my observations. But My observations are influenced by what the Army has shown me.

Horticattleman":2yjjzfpm said:
As a former Marine sitting back listening to this "disagreement" I will comment on a few things. One of the main reasons Marines, or should I say most, have a higher level of discipline, is what we call Esprit de Corps. It was taught to us in bootcamp along with extensive Marine Corps history. That instills a great sense of pride and therefore discipline. i know many Soldiers who can't even tell me when the Army was founded or who prominent leaders of the past were. We used to quiz boot soldiers in the field and were amazed how little Army knowledge they had.

Just a little test....Tommy R, Warpaint, Just curious, USMC ranch girl....what is the birthdate of the Marine Corps and where. I'll bet they had an immediate answer, without even thinking. Thats important. It's what makes me so proud to own a set of dress blues hanging in my closet ...cleaned, ironed, ips pulled, ribbons dressed and ready to go if needed. Always will be...forever.

I by no means intend disrespect, but I too have served overseas and stateside, and have trained with Soldiers as well as foreign servicemen, and I have to say I am disappointed too with todays Soldier. Oh, my brother is a Soldier and agrees with me. Not knowing the Army structure, I may be mistaking todays Soldier for todays Army. If that is the case, shame on the Army way, for allowing its soldiers to be left behind. The Army's motto says it all for me....."Army of One." As a Marine we are taught just the opposite. There is no one Marine, there is a CORPS! Again I mean no disrespect, just my observations. But My observations are influenced by what the Army has shown me.

That is a huge part of my point! be careful, Mahoney might start in on you as well.

3MR,
thank you for your service in protecting our freedom. freedom is not free. keep up the good work. All soldiers, marines, airman, and corpsman have my utmost respect.

3MR":2bf2qs1b said:
Mahoney Pursley Ranch":2bf2qs1b said:

I thought you said you were taking your dog out of this fight. This sounds like another comment, not a dog on his way home.

I have tried real hard not to stoop to the level of insults. I see you on the other hand do not seem to have that ability.

By the way, were you drafted or did you enlist? Did you join the Navy to make sure you wouldnt get drafted in the Army or Marines.

Im glad your BiL is a Senior Master Chief. Im a chief in the Army, not the Navy. We arent enlisted. Im glad you are so in tune with the Navy, But then again, doesnt seem like you really have a clue about the Army.

Incidently, I also volunteered for both tours I did in Iraq. I would also be authroized a combat patch for duty in South America, Africa and Eastern Europe.

I have served on every continent in the world except for Autralia and Antartica.

Im not going to compare war stories. Suffice to say you have no clue what I have seen or might have done. Im sure you saw lots of Action on your ship. Unless you are going to tell me you where a Corpsman with the Marines I dont want to hear it.

The reason the Army has such a dismal retention and recruiting record is because they have forgotten how to say thank you.

Because they take and take and never give back. Because a Senior leader can be a pedophyle, drug smuggler, and/or general criminal and not go to jail, but a private who is late for formation gets his @ss handed to him and confined.

Because they want higher educated soldiers, but refuse to treat them like they are educated.

Because they treat Soldiers like a comodity, make decisions based upon dollars rather than sense and have to be shamed into providing minimal protective gear.

Because senior leaders reconize the issues, make policy to correct it, but refuse to enforce it. Becasue if it looks good on paper everythig must be good in real life.

Because they have let discipline fall below an acceptable level. They try to fix this by emulating some of the regulations from the MArine corps. They fail to realize the reason the Marine Corps has such a high level of discipline is they not only have their regulations. What I have observed is they also enforce them in a consistent manner. They take appropriate action commensurate with the violation regardless of rank. They dont turn a mole hill into a mountain. They are also probably the most abused and worst treated service out their, but still manage to instill pride in service and unit, by making sure their Marines know they are appreciated and respected as Marines by their superiors who themselves have not forgotten how to say thank you.

Hmmm, For an unarmed man seems like I have lots of ammuntion based upon first hand knowledge rather than a missguided sense of patriotism. Someone who loves their country and their service will take action to correct what they see as a problem. You dont have to agree with me, but you dont have to be a jerk either. Dont think for you second you have some innate ability to decide if I am a patriot or not. I hae spent over 20 years of my life defending freedom and the American way of life. I will not for one second let you decide I dont have the the same rights I have I have been defending for you.

I could go on an on, but I will stop there. Im sure you have made it home with your dog by now.

PS: To everybody who has had to bare with this dissagreement, I appologize. I am in know way am intending to sanctify the idiot who wrote the letter to the editor and think the response he recieved was outstanding. It just made me think of something else, which I posted on. I suppose I should have posted in a seperate thread and we might have aliviated all this name calling and insults.
You have asked questions so I will answer them. I enlisted in the Navy and it was not to avoid going to Viet Nam in the Army or Marines. I was a Combat Corpsman with a Marine division which I also voluntered for as well as voluntering to go to Viet Nam. I also served on a River Patrol Boat (PBR) in the Mekong Delta,also as a Corpsman which I voluntered for. I am proud of your comendations and battle ribbons/awards as I am of mine. I also have many. My BIL is a Chief in the USAF not the Navy. As I said my dog is out of this fight. I just wanted to offer you the courtesy of answering your questions. I again thank you for your service.

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":33d0q9vb said:
3MR":33d0q9vb said:
Mahoney Pursley Ranch":33d0q9vb said:

You have asked questions so I will answer them. I enlisted in the Navy and it was not to avoid going to Viet Nam in the Army or Marines. I was a Combat Corpsman with a Marine division which I also voluntered for as well as voluntering to go to Viet Nam. I also served on a River Patrol Boat (PBR) in the Mekong Delta,also as a Corpsman which I voluntered for. I am proud of your comendations and battle ribbons/awards as I am of mine. I also have many. My BIL is a Chief in the USAF not the Navy. As I said my dog is out of this fight. I just wanted to offer you the courtesy of answering your questions. I again thank you for your service.

and I thank you for yours.

Latest posts