Those D@mn ANTS>>>>>>>>>>

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown

Reaction score
We live in a log home and I spent all morning tearing apart my kitchen because ants are climbing in through a part of the wood.. :mad:

I run to town to get the ant powder at $12.00 a 225 gram bottle (bought 7 of them) and read the ingredients when I got home... :dunce: :oops:

Diatomaceous earth :dunce: :dunce:

How stupid can I be, I have a brand new 50lb bag in the shop that I paid 20 dollars for , the calves love it..

Well I now have my everything outside my house covered in it and there is not a single ant in the house anymore.. :banana:

Let's hope it stays that way..

I should have asked all of your advice before I spent a crap load of money.. :tiphat:

Hillsdown..... just keep refilling those $12 bottles out of that 50 lb. bag til you really feel like you got your money's worth. :)

When I was home on the May long-weekend we had an infestation of ants...BIG ants. Must've been some sort of mating season thing going on because they were everywhere, both in the house AND outside.

Fortunately they only lasted a couple days and by the time it was time for me to head back to the city there wasn't an ant in sight. :D

IluvABbeef":1y7uzdtb said:
When I was home on the May long-weekend we had an infestation of ants...BIG ants. Must've been some sort of mating season thing going on because they were everywhere, both in the house AND outside.

Fortunately they only lasted a couple days and by the time it was time for me to head back to the city there wasn't an ant in sight. :D

Might have been termites swarming.

well you just got an $84 lesson on using DE.i dont know how you kept from being as mad as a hornet.

Don't say hornet that was a huge problem last year. :roll:

And to be fair you all should have offered this little tidbit of advice before I even asked for it..That is what usually happens .No??? :tiphat:
:lol2: :nod:

Lammie":2lwv9ezz said:
IluvABbeef":2lwv9ezz said:

Might have been termites swarming.

Nope, wrong country. :) Too cold for 'em waaay up north here. Them's ants fer sure. :wave:

hillsdown":13q9qnue said:
Don't say hornet that was a huge problem last year. :roll:

And to be fair you all should have offered this little tidbit of advice before I even asked for it..That is what usually happens .No??? :tiphat:
:lol2: :nod:

Hillsdown..lol, I've been posting recommendations to use DE as insecticide for several weeks. But what the heck...I"m not a label reader either. As for the chocolate cake...go ahead and put a little DE "on" the cake. Won't hurt you and will keep the ants off as well. :banana:

Latest posts