This women took a beating

Help Support CattleToday:

Wow. I know first hand how quickly people can get to be real a$$holes, but I think the department handled this badly. Who edited that tape? Why were there no female officers present? Was she supposed to be intoxicated or what? She seemed like it and I don't recall reading why she was arrested.

For all I know, she brained herself on the floor, without seeing all the tape. And I have seen mental patients and people who are f*cked up on drugs do that. There's just too much I didn't see, like if there were other officers present. If she had been placed in a small holding cell and left alone until she calmed down, then that might have prevented that whole thing. In any case, that officer would not have been going in there constantly.

Too many unanswered ones on that.

That woman did not beat herself up. She was not beat up when first handcuffed. She certainly was no threat to the cop. Handcuffed and no bigger than she is, very suspicious,

I suppose if she did as he ordered there would not have been a reason to shut off the video ?

Jogeephus":lvo0ycoh said:
Wonder how it would have ended had she sat down and done as the officer instructed?

If she cooperated I'm sure everything would have been fine. However, the video was shut off for a reason. Whatever that cop did was out of bounds and he knew it. Otherwise he would not of shut off the video.

Walt

I think it is horrible! My son in law is a police officer and he would never,never have that attitude...yes it is an attitude, and i could see it before the camera or film was edited...im sure the police department did to and thats the reason he was fired.

question is: do you want to run in to this officer for any reason?

I do not believe any kind of abuse from people in authority can be tolerated..not to mention those who are not.

I find the tape disgusting and I am sure most law enforcement people do to. donna

donnaIL":1sdg3qyj said:
I think it is horrible! My son in law is a police officer and he would never,never have that attitude...yes it is an attitude, and i could see it before the camera or film was edited...im sure the police department did to and thats the reason he was fired.

I do not believe any kind of abuse from people in authority can be tolerated..not to mention those who are not.

I find the tape disgusting and I am sure most law enforcement people do to. donna
Donna, I salute your son in law and all the other decent cops.
But there are way too many renegade cops. They are on a power kick and have no idea that their purpose is to serve.

i heard one motocycle cop bragging about how good the soles of his boots were for stomping on the neck of people on the ground. He fortunately has been relieved of his duties. Just one example.

There are many horror stories about the cops in New Orleans. Even to murder.
Not hearsay, but write ups in paper when they would go to trial.

Ryder":d6ory0kq said:
Donna, I salute your son in law and all the other decent cops.
But there are way too many renegade cops. They are on a power kick and have no idea that their purpose is to serve.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

donnaIL":i99kya29 said:

I was disgusted too Donna. She may have been impossible but certainly not a threat to the officer. The man shouldn't be on the force if he is capable of doing something like that to a person in handcuffs.
I am glad to hear you have a son without that attitude, we need more police officers who want to be in the job to serve and protect.

I want to clarify! This behavior is not accepable and I do not believe it is the majority, but if it is it should be stopped. I think a few bad apples tend to spoil the whole bunch (in the publics eye).

With all that said, yes I too think that police (like when Im getting a speeding ticket, or when they are demanding at my place of work) are arogant, but they don't beat me up and leave me bloody on the floor. I could see early on in this tape that the officer was abbusive.

This guy was fired and i think that if people are abused they should report it .. or *get a lawyer* that seems to get folks attention...It is our job to police our public servants.

i would never want that to happen to me, my daughter, my family any one. donna

Edited: to say i just didn't want to start anti-cop jive, we do need them for the many things they do..besides tickets and stuff

Txwalt":6ek8obdi said:
Jogeephus":6ek8obdi said:
Wonder how it would have ended had she sat down and done as the officer instructed?

If she cooperated I'm sure everything would have been fine. However, the video was shut off for a reason. Whatever that cop did was out of bounds and he knew it. Otherwise he would not of shut off the video.

Walt

Walt I'm not defending the officer cause I don't know the whole story but I question whether "he cut the video off". Here the boxes are locked and only the chief has the key to open it just so this type thing cannot happen. So this could have been edited later - I don't know. What the injuries remind me of is that of a broken nose. One minute she is sitting down and the next she jumps up then the camera is off then she is on the ground. Being handcuffed there would be nothing to stop her fall other than her face and loud mouth - hence the broke nose and the two black eyes. She could have also intentionally banged her face on the floor to get these injuries cause she was afterall more concerned about the camera being on than anything else. Why? If a prisoner runs from an officer, what are they trained to do? Take them down. That's drilled into them and its second nature. Looks to me that is what he did and someone edited the film to make the story look more dramatic for the internet of court.

Just looking at it from a difffernt point of view since I don't have all the facts.

Without seeing the entire video, we may never know what really happened. It may be police brutality, that does unfortunately happen. Or she may have escalated her obvious resistance to the Officers directions and been injured in a fight (don't let her size fool you, any one is capable of being very dangerous). It is entirely possible for this to be self inflicted. I have seen that happen first hand in the jail I work at, although it is not very common. The on thing for certain, is this woman got seriously messed up.

Latest posts