This will surely test

Help Support CattleToday:

M-5

Reaction score
AT the FLORIDA STATE line checking papers
My skills on fixing old stuff. A local auctioneer had a retirement sale yesterday and today. I didn't attend and wish I had of because things were dirt cheap. I did log in online this afternoon and bid on a couple things. I bought this thing and hopefully I got my money's worth. 300.00

Pretty soon it will be worth that for scrap. I hope it turns out good for you, as sometimes you win and sometimes you lose, buying a pig in a poke.

jltrent":3c785hpt said:
Pretty soon it will be worth that for scrap. I hope it turns out good for you, as sometimes you win and sometimes you lose, buying a pig in a poke.
Just looked up what it is and it's an old terrain king , if gear boxes are expensive so it might be scrap metal if they are bad but it seems some parts are available. Most of the stuff sold was workable when it was parked on his lot many years ago. I've wasted 300 bucks in alot of other ways before.

M-5":3ge6qfwo said:
There was about 3 of them at sale , just looked up sale price all 3 sold for 650 each

That's cheap. Not sure there condition but around here a two row picker that is in descent shape brings around 2500$. Hope the gear boxes or good on that mower if so you done good.

pricefarm":h1d2nlho said:
M-5":h1d2nlho said:
There was about 3 of them at sale , just looked up sale price all 3 sold for 650 each

That's cheap. Not sure there condition but around here a two row picker that is in descent shape brings around 2500$. Hope the gear boxes or good on that mower if so you done good.
I'm still kicking myself for not attending after I saw the prices of stuff brand new howse 6' bush hogs 650.00 a never used 2017 Delta 16' BP trailer 2800. , Medium duty 12' panels 11.00 each .

M-5":3dm1ondg said:
jltrent":3dm1ondg said:
Just looked up what it is and it's an old terrain king , if gear boxes are expensive so it might be scrap metal if they are bad but it seems some parts are available. Most of the stuff sold was workable when it was parked on his lot many years ago. I've wasted 300 bucks in alot of other ways before.
Usually the gears will be decent, might have to replace some bearings and do some welding.. those gear boxes are easy to fix.. And at 300.00 you can afford too...

I'd have bought that for $300 in a heartbeat, then again I ain't the brightest. I just spent twice that on a ukulele.

It looks pretty good underneath, but it doesn't have a stump jumper on the wing that is up. You might want to keep it out of stumps.

ohiosteve":ghbqtv1d said:
I'd have bought that for $300 in a heartbeat, then again I ain't the brightest. I just spent twice that on a ukulele.
For the daughter?

ez14.":2ofkqrep said:
ohiosteve":2ofkqrep said:
For the daughter?
Yep, she is really talented. I've been spending a good portion of my paycheck building a music room/ recording studio for her over the past couple years.

callmefence":3m2cuwd6 said:
I bought this thing a couple weeks ago for 10.00bucks. anyone know what it is and what it's worth. Everything turns nothing looks in bad shape except the brush.

Nice potato hiller there.. we have a smaller version of the same one

callmefence":3p1er75e said:
I bought this thing a couple weeks ago for 10.00bucks. anyone know what it is and what it's worth. Everything turns nothing looks in bad shape except the brush.

The long carriage bolts under the tractor and transmits force to the rear. I'm guessing it has a pto shaft that runs in the middle of the frame also (I see the front half of it), and sends power from your rear pto up to the sweeper. Erskine makes a snowblower setup similar, big money.

I got it loaded on a trailer this morning and shes cubic zirconia in the rough . all three gear boxes turn freely , no slip clutch's on the wing pto shafts. Cylinders look decent some surface rust that I will remove before I cycle them. one wing depth wheel is missing a spring and color , I will most likely have to fabricate that. It will need all new blade bolts and even tho the blades look ok I will replace them once everything is working . deck is in remarkable shape considering its age with what i have researched should be a late 70s model . . Stopped by the Mexican tire store and went ahead and had used tires put on it. round numbers suggest its going take about 700.00 to fix everything . Im only going to fix the necessities first which will only be a couple hundred bucks if it holds together i will repair the rest and still only have 1000.00 bucks in it total.

after getting it home and evaluating everything I found a tag with the model # . Its only about 50 yrs old so I think the old girl still has some life left . I did some more research and found they made an all manual model and a hydraulic assist model. With even tho the cylinders look ok i'm sure once I put pressure to them the seal will let go they have been dry for a long time. I found a good picture library on them and Ive decided to just make it manual being that I don't have to travel very far to the fields I will be mowing. I cant see putting money in new cylinders for the wings. I may explore the tongue lift cylinders later. Today I will find the bolts for the blades and a tube for the main pto shaft . Im gonna try and keep my expenses below 600.00 total right now. here is a pick of a manual one .

I5600D.JPG

yes they came with a boat winch . there is a hook on each side to roll up the wing and bar to lock it . I dug a winch out of the scrap pile yesterday and it still has a cable on it to im GTG

Latest posts