This will end up affecting us all

Help Support CattleToday:

Exactly. Price them "free range" like the eggs are priced and let the people put their money where their mouth is. If they want chickens that live at the Holiday Inn, let them pay for the room and board........

Kinda like an ice pick on a glacier. They will keep wittling away at the base until it will be a law that we name our calves and give them birth certificates.

Jogeephus":3dag9bv1 said:
Kinda like an ice pick on a glacier. They will keep wittling away at the base until it will be a law that we name our calves and give them birth certificates.

You don't name yours? I Do we have Kroger,Jack in the Box, McDonalds, Hormel,Wolf Brand and etc.

It's as big a joke as FREE RANGE chicken. My best information regarding free range is that they have a small pen on the outside of the facility where they can if they want to look out and see the sky. That may not be the perfect defination but it's how it was explained to me by a representative from Redbird farms. Just another feelgood BS deal brought to us by the GREEN movement.

Let's see if I can turn this into one of those name that tune/artist threads:

"Take a look to the sky just before you die. It's the last time you will."

Jogeephus":1sl3pt83 said:
Look what was passed in Arizona last election and you can see what will happen in your state next :shock: Sure wasn't mutch suport for those farmers on these boards. I guess if you were not a veal or hog raiser it was no big deal. Rest assured these people will put you out of buisness sooner or later. The sad part is your friends will help them do it :cry:

The artical does not give enough info .I want to know the existing cage size and the preposed cage size before I decide one way or another. as for veal , the first time I saw how they were raised I , It really depressed me.. still want eat it..Some people feel that animals have no rights, some people feel that humans have no rights, and some think it is OK. Waterboardin, it is not right but some feel it is Ok.
As for me my heifers get numbers, and my steers get names...Hambuger,ribeye,sirloin,etc. WHY so not one forgets what they are for...

mwj":3crrpgaa said:
Jogeephus":3crrpgaa said:
Look what was passed in Arizona last election and you can see what will happen in your state next :shock: Sure wasn't mutch suport for those farmers on these boards. I guess if you were not a veal or hog raiser it was no big deal. Rest assured these people will put you out of buisness sooner or later. The sad part is your friends will help them do it :cry:

I agree with you 150% if not more. What they are doing is nipping away at the vulnerable areas a little at a time. They know what they are doing and unlike members in agriculture - they are united and come to each others causes. They are like a pack of wild dogs trying to kill the hand that feeds them.