This seems wrong to me..

Help Support CattleToday:

GMN

Reaction score
Yesterday we took some animals in, stopped at Pizza Hit for the lunch buffet, and when we went to pay the waitress had figured up the reciept, so when we paid, the Manager actually checked us out, and she looked at the reciept and said that the waitress charged us the weekday rate, not the weekend prices. I said what? She said on the weekends they charge more for ther same food, I never have heard of a business doing this, have any of you? We paid what the ticket was made up for, and honestly I'm not going there anymore, I think what a jip!

GMN

your right thats a big jipp.they should have the same buffet prices 7 days a week.wanna hear another big jipp.those jokers charge $1.75 to $2 for sodas.dang i can go buy almost 2 2 litter bottles at the store.

Kinda cheesy but there are several other restaurants that do the same thing. Seems to me they should go down on the weekend since more people would be eating there. I don't like Pizza Hut anyway cause in my opinion I think pizza should consist of a little more than bread and a scattering of cheese.

Jogeephus":1ljqt9zz said:
Kinda cheesy but there are several other restaurants that do the same thing. Seems to me they should go down on the weekend since more people would be eating there. I don't like Pizza Hut anyway cause in my opinion I think pizza should consist of a little more than bread and a scattering of cheese.

Years ago, my husband used to manage several Pizza Huts. I have never liked their pizza myself. Too greasy for my liking. I don't know why anyone would do that, either.

I don't like any restaurant that has the accountants figure out the portions to the nearest gram. This is silly to me and lets you know where their priorities lie. I like those little home grown pizza shops where the chef grabs a handful of mushrooms and throws them on their until there is enough on the pizza - in his opinion. I'll come back to a shop like that and I'll tip well too. Sometimes these folks just try to sharpen their pencil tooo sharp and forget whose buying them pencils.

whatsupdoc3":361pmpth said:
I tell them its false advertising and make them redo them. If enough people would do this they would get the message.

I try to avoid the special attention the food gets when it's sent back in. I simply ask for a deduct and tell them i'll spend my money elsewhere the next time. Last time it happened in 2005.

We don't go out to eat much.

Wewild":26ujdksy said:
whatsupdoc3":26ujdksy said:
I tell them its false advertising and make them redo them. If enough people would do this they would get the message.

I try to avoid the special attention the food gets when it's sent back in. I simply ask for a deduct and tell them i'll spend my money elsewhere the next time. Last time it happened in 2005.

We don't go out to eat much.

You must have worked in a kitchen like I did. I don't recommend sending something back to the kitchen and expect it to come back fixed. :shock:

We've got some friends who "save money" by just getting a couple of pizzas at Pizza Hut and 2 or 3 movies down at the blockbuster, I guess they aren't much at adding, makes me wonder how they splurge, I like Digiorno better than Pizza Hut anyway. I'm pretty sure most restaraunts around here cost more at dinner time rather than lunch and on weekends it is different too. Most businesses have different rates for different seasons like summer or spring break and deer season. Especially food and lodging. And I'll leave before I send something back to the kitchen.

TEhayandcattle":1djlxila said:
We've got some friends who "save money" by just getting a couple of pizzas at Pizza Hut and 2 or 3 movies down at the blockbuster, I guess they aren't much at adding, makes me wonder how they splurge, I like Digiorno better than Pizza Hut anyway. I'm pretty sure most restaraunts around here cost more at dinner time rather than lunch and on weekends it is different too. Most businesses have different rates for different seasons like summer or spring break and deer season. Especially food and lodging. And I'll leave before I send something back to the kitchen.

I much prefer Dominos to any other pizza around here. CiCi's used to be cheap but it keeps creeping up every year. Still a good buy, though.

When I worked at Baskin Robbins, in college, they weighed scoops, and believe me, folks, you don't wanna get your ice cream there. To make the scoop come out right, you have to make a hole in the middle of it. That is wrong, and I never felt good about it. None of is did it unless the manager was there. I don't know if it was a corporate thing or a franchise thing. The same family had three in Arlington at the time. And they were extremely cost conscience. I saw the lady pick up a scoop of ice cream from the floor once.

I didn't eat ice cream there anymore and I quit shortly thereafter.

We don't go out much either, Wewild. I am just too cheap to spend money on things I can make at home. Value menu at Wendy's isn't bad. Especially if you don't eat a lot, like me. I can fill up for three bucks.

I buy Digiorno's (sp) in the super market (when on sale) and then I buy Pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, and turkey pepperoni and doctor it up myself. It ends up about 1 1/2 thick and then of course I sprinkle some seasonings on also. YUMMY!

If we get pizza out we get it from a little local joint and I try to avoid the chains like the plague.
My little local joint is much higher quality and has other good italian food and the prices are no higher.

Never cared much for pizza. Pepperoni pizza looks like a cow's placenta stretched over a crust. The pepperonis look like cotyledons on a placenta.

whatsupdoc3":3m7za31x said:
I never said fix I said redo make another one the right way. You cant fix a pizza made wrong the first time!

I speculate that they look out to get a look at who they are fixing the "redo" one for.... just so they know.

TNMasterBeefProducer":p4zg63l9 said:
I buy them walmart brand pizzas that you can pick up in the cold deli section. They are good and cheap. 16 inch pizzas I believe.

Well shucks. They gave me a Wally World gift card at work some time back. Its been in the wallet for a couple of months now. I figured some day I'd have to go there. Cold pizza anyone?

backhoeboogie":25gci6rp said:
TNMasterBeefProducer":25gci6rp said:
I buy them walmart brand pizzas that you can pick up in the cold deli section. They are good and cheap. 16 inch pizzas I believe.

Well shucks. They gave me a Wally World gift card at work some time back. Its been in the wallet for a couple of months now. I figured some day I'd have to go there. Cold pizza anyone?

Cold? Only at breakfast. If its hot, its gotta be Papa John's or Maters in Alabama.

Jogeephus":1wujdgsj said:
I don't like any restaurant that has the accountants figure out the portions to the nearest gram. This is silly to me and lets you know where their priorities lie. I like those little home grown pizza shops where the chef grabs a handful of mushrooms and throws them on their until there is enough on the pizza - in his opinion. I'll come back to a shop like that and I'll tip well too. Sometimes these folks just try to sharpen their pencil tooo sharp and forget whose buying them pencils.

No offense Jogee but the biggest reason most independent restuarants in this country go under is inability to control their foodcosts. and that doesn't mean the price they pay for food. It means they can't or won't portion food properly and also don't handle it properly. Over prep under prep and about 100 other foodhandling sins are the death nell for most of them. But improper portioning is the absolute kiss of death.

One other thing; if you send your food back to the kitchen do it nicely or look underneath when it returns and see if you can tell where they spit on it. LOL