This Is A Great Board!

Help Support CattleToday:

la4angus":5lpmkagk said:
Chuckie
How come you talking about me like that.
jt":5lpmkagk said:
chuckie... just ask sidney... i think she can she us.. :shock: :roll:
jt

Huh???

just a joke some of us had with sidney, since she is a computer expert..

jt

Yep! Lyons, Parelli, Andserson are real heavy on marketing, advertising, salesmanship, and glitz. Once you cut through that 90%, then the 10% of useful info about horses is good. And, you don't have to pay $25 to $50 for a "majic stick" if you go to local F & R store or other place and get 99% the same thing for a fraction of the price.

I went to a freebie Parelli demo at Will Rogers arena in FTW couple of years ago. Pat was there with his "trained" horse doing demos for hour or so while his "sales office/gadgets/books/videos" section of the arena was being set up... Then, there is his 7 levels of NH or so... can never achieve the ultimate??? Now that is marketing!

Don't think most of us cattle/horse people are all that excited about doing "trick horse/trick dog" stuff with our horses...ad infinitum. I just want to partner with my horse(s), have mutual respect, trust, and have them "be nice"...lol. Feel the same about our Longhorns...mutual respect and "be nice"... ;-)

Then there is the "Certified" trainer programs with JL and Parelli... So?

The best advice I have learned from Lyons is:

"I can't get hurt, the horse can't get hurt, and the horse (and me) are calmer after the lesson." The rest of his lessons....well...

P.S.: Clinton Anderson talks too much... lol.

Now just because I say that some of the people on the board are ugly, doesn't mean that I don't like them. :lol: There are a lot of people like myself, that will not have to bother with someone following them around with a camera wanting a picture. Didn't mean to offend anyone. I match people with their personality with those I know from the stores and then those that I work with. Some are little loud mouths and some are big quite spoken people. There is a gentleman at an Exxon station every morning at 3:00AM. He looks like a real cowboy from out west, and doesn't change the expression on his face a lot. He isn't real tall or short, but he is slim and is very agile, like a kid. He drives a four wheel drive Dodge PU, but I won't hold that against him. He is up there drinking coffee sitting by himself and doesn't say much, and when he does, very seldom says anything negative. He is up early to start his day with his cattle. I sat down with him one day to talk, and someone else asked me about another driver that I work with. I told them that he was full of ----! The gentleman said, "Never take him at his word." I asked him if he had some dealings with him. He said, "yep, he said he would help me one day with some hay and he never showed up. He offered his help, and I didn't ask for it, but I believed him to be honest. I don't have a lot of use for him now." I guess that is the only negative thing I heard him say. From reading what dun writes and what this man says, I have them pictured as the same.

I also really enjoy this Board. Signed on 02/15/05. Didn't think to formally introduce myself. Have already jumped in and posted seven (7) times. Sorry about that, my manners are better but I'm not real computer literate. I guess I'm what you would call a hobby farmer. Some folks play golf, etc. Grew up working for old farmers. I spend all my time away from public works on the place working w/our cows. Or doing something related to cows. Which this year, so far, as been all but five (5) weeks. Anyway enough of that. I just enjoy reading most of you and can relate to a lot of circumstances and problems I read on here. Have picked up on a lot of good advice from so many of you. Won't list each one by name b/c if you know cows you know you're one. So I'll keep reading and learning.

Fitz

TheBullLady":1pr547z3 said:
Another thing to remember about the Boards.. many are very opinionated! Doesn't make them necessarily bad, just firm in their convictions!

Everyone has a different way of doing things or a different "take" on a situation... it's a great place to learn new ideas.

I will agree on the opinionated.
Personally I have been wrong twice sang to loud in church once, the other time I thought I was wrong, was actually right.

Caustic Burno":2frrxd25 said:
TheBullLady":2frrxd25 said:
Another thing to remember about the Boards.. many are very opinionated! Doesn't make them necessarily bad, just firm in their convictions!

Everyone has a different way of doing things or a different "take" on a situation... it's a great place to learn new ideas.

Personally I have been wrong twice sang to loud in church once, the other time I thought I was wrong, was actually right.

Yeah, you got a long arm too.

Caustic Burno":14poys9o said:
TheBullLady":14poys9o said:

===========
caustic,

Don't be so critical of yourself. You've got .."GURU" status coming here shortly..I would bet... :D