This Is A Great Board!

Help Support CattleToday:

Running Arrow Bill

Reaction score
Just wanted to thank everyone for the high quality (and humor) of posts on this board! I've been on several other boards (esp. the horse boards) and the Cattle Today board is the best!

Reasons: Variety of comments. Open minded comments. No Religious innuendos and preaching. Great humor. Lots of participants on every thread. No bogging down in mud with a lot of "touchy-feely" ego-enhancing, scripture quoting, etc., comments as on some of the "horse" boards... (you know who those boards are)... lol.

Anyhoo... keep it up guys and gals! Y'all are great!

Just wanted to thank everyone for the high quality (and humor) of posts on this board! I've been on several other boards (esp. the horse boards) and the Cattle Today board is the best!

Reasons: Variety of comments. Open minded comments. No Religious innuendos and preaching. Great humor. Lots of participants on every thread. No bogging down in mud with a lot of "touchy-feely" ego-enhancing, scripture quoting, etc., comments as on some of the "horse" boards... (you know who those boards are)... lol.

Anyhoo... keep it up guys and gals! Y'all are great!

Bill, give it some more time, we can get there. LOL :D . Just kidding I admire this board also, great great board! I agree 100% with your assisment of the horse boards. I can't stand to stay too long at any that I have found so far. Seems to be a small group of freinds, on the boards I have lerked on, that should be pm'ing each other or on the phone with each other. This horse board isn't bad but not very active, let me know (if you would please) if there is a good active horse board out there that I'm missing.

Thanks,
Alan

The horse boards that I have monitored and posted on periodically for about a year are John Lyons, Horselovers, Gaited Horse, Brenda Imus board, and perhaps one or two others. I have basically been staying away from those boards of late. Don't think Pat Parelli has a board for use by the public (if they did it would probably be the same tone as the JL board).

The John Lyons board is the most active. However, IMO there are too many "supporters" and "clan followers" that tend to promote JL products, concepts and way of thinking. They do not seem to adjust well to comments about other trainers or training methods; and, there is a lot of "friend to friend" chitchat that gets a little old...my horse, your horse, my/your kids, so sorry you sprained your hand, etc., etc. A lot of preaching to the choir...lol.

The other boards are more open-minded; however, little activity of value going on those boards, IMO.

Most of the horse boards seem to attract posters from the eastern half of the usa plus a few from west coast.

there is a lot of "friend to friend" chitchat that gets a little old...my horse, your horse, my/your kids, so sorry you sprained your hand, etc., etc

Just what drives me nuts about the other horse boards... update, no foal yet, update, no foal yet, update, no foal yet, update, no foal yet, update, no foal yet,. I know what you mean. I have been on the Parelli board a little, my wife belongs, but you nailed that board also.

Thanks,
Alan

I would have to agree RAB. I have learned a great deal since I first discovered this board. I am very grateful to all who contributed to that learning. :) :) And, as an added benefit, the jokes in the Coffee Shop can't be beat! Knowledge + humor....I like that!!

msscamp":3minr4r0 said:
I would have to agree RAB. I have learned a great deal since I first discovered this board. I am very grateful to all who contributed to that learning. :) :) And, as an added benefit, the jokes in the Coffee Shop can't be beat! Knowledge + humor....I like that!!

Geez sounds like a nice place. :D Have to check it out more.

NLCC":2dann3u1 said:
msscamp":2dann3u1 said:

Absolutely can't beat!!

msscamp":3jke4ycq said:
NLCC":3jke4ycq said:
msscamp":3jke4ycq said:

Absolutely can't beat!!

Thought I knew a lot, but Have learned a LOT MORE here. Learn something new bout' everyday. I agree, these boards are Great. lot's of good folks, sharing their info. and experiences.

Interesting about the JL board. The newsletter is the same, so I shouldn't be surprised. Like one long glorified add and very little meat to the articles (IMHO)

i really like this board too...informative, witty, and friendly...

wish i could find a board for goats thats as good as this one

samm

fellersbarnoneranch":14faz64d said:
Interesting about the JL board. The newsletter is the same, so I shouldn't be surprised. Like one long glorified add and very little meat to the articles (IMHO)

That's what turns me away from the Parelli board and seminars... I get the feeling it's all about the money .... market, market, market. Kinda spoils the want to learn. But good insight with the Natural Horsemanship techniques from must of those guys ... Anderson, Lyons, Parelli, etc.

Alan

Agree wholeheartedly on the knowledge & the people, sometimes it can get a bit rough though, a tough skin is occasionally a requirement - learned about that during my first week on the boards. After the first less than enjoyable experience, I thought about changing my screen name, but decided to see if folk were still willing to help even though they had called me out previously – they either forgot or chose to provide assistance despite our past disagreement (I'm betting on the later). People with that sort of attitude are the type you want to associate with & provide assistance to, if at all possible.

Farminlund":11ho0wdu said:
sometimes it can get a bit rough though, a tough skin is occasionally a requirement - learned about that during my first week on the boards. After the first less than enjoyable experience, I thought about changing my screen name

Hey some of you guys in the "posse" take notice! Posters want help and advice, and to learn enough to give advice from time to time. They don't want to feel like you are running the "newbies" out of town! No one states things correctly all the time.

JMO
Alan

Another thing to remember about the Boards.. many are very opinionated! Doesn't make them necessarily bad, just firm in their convictions!

Everyone has a different way of doing things or a different "take" on a situation... it's a great place to learn new ideas.

fellersbarnoneranch":3rko8ucg said:
Went to a Kurt Pate seminar this winter in Denver. He was very good. Also very critical of the fact that horsemanship has become all about salesmanship. His presentation was done with horses brought in from a local ranch at the last minute,that hadn't been ridden for at least a year. The horses that they had arranged for didn't show up. I felt he did an excellent job,and he had nothing to sell. He stayed afterward as long as people wanted to talk. Not as polished and showy as Lyons and Parelli,but most of the audience isn't either.

I enjoy this forum also. Everyone shares their experiences and gives advice on what has worked and not worked. I like to ask questions about things that I do, just to see how everyone else does it differently. Usually someone will say something that will let me add shortcuts or do it better. I like to see people prove to me that it can be done differently, and better. I also enjoy the humor, and I wonder what everyone else looks like. I have a face picked out for each person that posts here regularly. Usually from someone I already know with a personality that seems the same way ya'll come across on the boards. Some of ya'll are pretty ugly!! :lol:

la4angus":1hv8jw0t said:
Chuckie":1hv8jw0t said:
Some of ya'll are pretty ugly!! :lol:

Chuckie
How come you talking about me like that.

chuckie... just ask sidney... i think she can she us.. :shock: :roll:

jt