This Ever Happen To You?

Help Support CattleToday:

greenwillowhereford II

Reaction score
Last time I picked up a calf to get him on the scales, the rascal (bull calf) urinated all over me. I kept thinking that he was surely about to quit, and he just kept on and on....and on. I was afraid to put him down in case I couldn't catch him again. I had to go back to the house and change before going on to work.

:lol: Yep. Ever tried carrying a bull calf on your lap on the four wheeler? "Been there done that worn that tshirt" as the saying goes... and worn those pants. :p

milkmaid":5lfjgud3 said:
:lol: Yep. Ever tried carrying a bull calf on your lap on the four wheeler? "Been there done that worn that tshirt" as the saying goes... and worn those pants. :p

Ever tried carrying one on your shoulders because you were too tight to buy a 4 wheeler? I bought one the next week.

cfpinz":ln4mu9u5 said:
milkmaid":ln4mu9u5 said:

Ever tried carrying one on your shoulders because you were too tight to buy a 4 wheeler? I bought one the next week.

:lol2: :lol2:

The Holsteins I work with weigh almost as much as I do when they hit the ground... were they smaller I might have tried it. (And probably would have regretted it. :p)

It's happened too many times. But it isn;t near as bad as being behind one trying to urge it to walk in front of you and getting "painted" from the waste down! Happens a lot with month old calves on good fresh grass.

ive had calves mess on me an prolly pee on me as well.but i really cant remember getting peed on.

The bigger question is, did you record his birthweight before or after he voided his bladder? :lol2:

milkmaid":kogfhvj0 said:

bulls always pee in my lap on the fourwheeler. always. it lead to the death of one of my cellphones back when i was young and more dumber. this is how dumb i am: i'm riding along and i'm like why is my lap getting really warm all of the sudden? and then i'm like wait, now WHY is my lap getting really cold now? oh......$#&@.

but even worse perhaps is the big pile of meconium the little heifers leave on the back rack where i always put my hand before i get off the fourwheeler. i swear half a heifers birthweight needs to be subtracted as being full of poo.

Keren":19vezm9h said:
I was behind a heifer once, blow drying her back legs, on the inside above her hocks. So I'm squatting down behind the heifer . . . of course, she lifted her tail and peed on my head, didnt she :shock:

on the bright side, you didnt get electrocuted.

cfpinz":3x85rjum said:
milkmaid":3x85rjum said:

In front of you on a horse. More than once. You know what is going to happen. Goes with the territory.

What is all the whining about.

A little calf pee never hurt anybody.

Used to have an old Vet who was great and he used to Say, "He_ _ boys, it ain't Sh_ _ 'til it hits the ground! Until then it is just fecal material."

I been slathered in it from head to toe and I am still walking. When someone says that something tastes like sh _ _, I can offer an expert opinon.

It is just a part of life in the cow business. My partner who is in his 70's says that for many folks when they get livestock manure on their shoes, well they just never seem to get it off.

I work in a soil and water conservation district and the cleaning lady hates me. but then I get blamed for what everybody tracks in.

pdfangus":1nm1ob1v said:
What is all the whining about.

A little calf pee never hurt anybody.

Used to have an old Vet who was great and he used to Say, "He_ _ boys, it ain't Sh_ _ 'til it hits the ground! Until then it is just fecal material."

I been slathered in it from head to toe and I am still walking. When someone says that something tastes like sh _ _, I can offer an expert opinon.

It is just a part of life in the cow business. My partner who is in his 70's says that for many folks when they get livestock manure on their shoes, well they just never seem to get it off.

I work in a soil and water conservation district and the cleaning lady hates me. but then I get blamed for what everybody tracks in.

Wow, lighten up mate. We're just having a little fun here.

Beefy, you can always see the silver lining, cant you?

Latest posts