third cut lol

Help Support CattleToday:

glover36

Reaction score
we juts did our last hay this year it was a real thick thirdcuit field about 14 acres of alfalfa we got four 4x5 rounds and 160 small squares

For us third cutting is the third time you can cut it get spread over 4 years.

dun

We just got finished with our third cuttin, but it's not alfalfa, we have a small 4 1/2 acre hay field that has coastal bermuda and a lot of johnson grass in it. We got 22 rolls off it this time.
First cuttin was 24 rolls
second cuttin was 6 rolls (NO RAIN)
We were really worried there for a while then it started raining again. We'll get another cutting off of it..maybe 2 more, if we get the moisture.

so wat do u raise milking cows
for fiurst cut we wrapped umm i think 30-40 rounds (4x5) the second cut got rained on i think nine roiunds to bale wagons full(about 200 in each) then thrid cut

I am going to get a third one. hope it is good and I can sell enogh to pay for the first 2.

Scotty

Glover, No I dont raise milk cows. We have a commercial herd of mostly brangus, with a few hereford and hereford crosses in there. My "handle" name has nothin to do with Jersey cows.
but your not the first person to make that assumption.

jersey lilly":11o07btr said:
We just got finished with our third cuttin, but it's not alfalfa, we have a small 4 1/2 acre hay field that has coastal bermuda and a lot of johnson grass in it. We got 22 rolls off it this time.
First cuttin was 24 rolls
second cuttin was 6 rolls (NO RAIN)
We were really worried there for a while then it started raining again. We'll get another cutting off of it..maybe 2 more, if we get the moisture.

22 rolls from a third cut on 4 1/2 acres is a lot. Heck it's a lot for a first cut here. What size bales?

i just cant help myself...glover is your field 4.5 acres ? seems you were braggin...if you got all those bales was that 240? i really didnt understand your post..

Latest posts