Thinking about

Help Support CattleToday:

Roy E. Mosley Jr.

Reaction score
Just bought a beef maker Semmintal Herford cross. Think it might be wise to cross her to my Herfstien Bull or does anybody think it might be better to put her with somthing else?

I will add some hybrid vigor with Brahman influence using Red Brangus, Simbrah or Braford

Roy E. Mosley Jr.":3iluyxsc said:
Just bought a beef maker Semmintal Herford cross. Think it might be wise to cross her to my Herfstien Bull or does anybody think it might be better to put her with somthing else?

An Angus bull would be good, or maybe you would like to add some more Continental, such as Limousin or a Gelbveih. I would use the Herfstein bull, think it would a good cross. What does that bull look like, Iwould like to see a picture of a bull of that cross. If you can send pictures via email it would be well appreciated. [email protected]. But yeah I would go with your Herfstein bull. In my opinion Holstein adds a bit more milk to the beef breeds, and I think that is a good thing.

CopeMan said:
An Angus bull would be good, or maybe you would like to add some more Continental, such as Limousin or a Gelbveih. I would use the Herfstein bull, think it would a good cross. What does that bull look like, Iwould like to see a picture of a bull of that cross. If you can send pictures via email it would be well appreciated. [email protected]. But yeah I would go with your Herfstein bull. In my opinion Holstein adds a bit more milk to the beef breeds, and I think that is a good thing.
Thanks CopeMan When I take some Pic. I will try to send you one.