Things I absolutely hate.....

Help Support CattleToday:

Spot on with a small town pharmacy!!!! GB, I fill your pain with the 90 day thing because there's only so much they can do when the insurance company dictates what is allowed. But my local pharmacy will do everything they can for a better price.

Greybeard,
I'm not qualified to give medical advice, but I'd find a small town pharmacy that answers the phone. Preferably with a pharmacist that'll share pizza when you come in for drugs, invite you over to go pop some dillers, or set out a trot line in the evening.

He or she will be able to give a friendly suggestion to stop taking the statins (I know, it'd be most cool if it were a she)
Wife moved hers from Walmart to Brookshire Brothers a while back. Pharmacist interrogated her about a hydrocodone prescription a doctor had prescribed.

Brookshire Brothers has been spot on so far. Only drawback so far is their hours. 8:30AM to 6:30PM Monday-Friday and 9AM to 2PM on Saturday. Closed Sunday. Have to be mindful of the "shorter" hours.

There are some good independent pharmacy's with good service. Chain pharmacies - not so much. My daughter is a veterinarian and sometimes writes prescriptions if she does not have the drug in stock or if the customer wants one. Over time she has discovered that the pharmacist will sometimes substitute a different dosage rate based on their "knowledge" of human drugs. Even though animal dosage rates are different. Making the drug ineffective or dangerous. Should be illegal if it is not already. Walm**t and Walg**ns were the offenders.
You'd be surprised how many mistakes doctors make prescribing medications and actually expect the pharmacist to catch their error.

There are some good independent pharmacy's with good service. Chain pharmacies - not so much. My daughter is a veterinarian and sometimes writes prescriptions if she does not have the drug in stock or if the customer wants one. Over time she has discovered that the pharmacist will sometimes substitute a different dosage rate based on their "knowledge" of human drugs. Even though animal dosage rates are different. Making the drug ineffective or dangerous. Should be illegal if it is not already. Walm**t and Walg**ns were the offenders.
My vet was out of Meloxicam he was going to prescribe for my bull and called in the RX to the Dillon's pharmacy (owned by Kroger). Pharmacist asked me how in the world I was planning on giving him 63 pills every day for 3 days, then 63 pills every other day. Dump 'em in a bowl with cubes and shove in any he missed with my hand, of course! BTW my bulls name was Johnson and I think Bo was short for Bovine😆
1644436251485.jpeg

My vet was out of Meloxicam he was going to prescribe for my bull and called in the RX to the Dillon's pharmacy (owned by Kroger). Pharmacist asked me how in the world I was planning on giving him 63 pills every day for 3 days, then 63 pills every other day. Dump 'em in a bowl with cubes and shove in any he missed with my hand, of course! BTW my bulls name was Johnson and I think Bo was short for Bovine😆
View attachment 13029
I wouldn't even give JB himself Meloxicam. Well, maybe a little just to see if it improved his hallucinations.......

I wouldn't even give JB himself Meloxicam. Well, maybe a little just to see if it improved his hallucinations.......
He had an abscess on his head the size of Dallas so he may very well have been hallucinating! Banamine Transdermal is my go-to for pain & inflammation but it had been raining non-stop, which would be the equivalent of throwing away $$$.

Dr. Told me I needed to lose some weight. I went and found a fat Dr..
The surgeon that performed my brother's 2 brain surgeries would probably dress out @ 300lbs. He was so big, he truly could not sit in the chairs of the hospital room, the waiting rooms or the consultation room without most his prodigious ass cascading off both sides of the seat. He always had to sit on a couch and watching him get up off it was painful.
(he knew his chosen craft well tho.)

O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!
Victory is MINE!

Just read that the Cleveland Tx CVS is closing .................... permanently.
They got their just karmacvssucks.jpg.

There were plenty of other options nearby anyway.

O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!
Victory is MINE!

Just read that the Cleveland Tx CVS is closing .................... permanently.
They got their just karmaView attachment 13094.

There were plenty of other options nearby anyway.
I just looked up Cleveland TX because I surprised it was big enough to have that many name brand pharmacies.

I was also surprised that you weren't on the Notable People list.

I saw this on a forum and it expresses how I feel pretty well.

"While running errands this morning, I realized I'm not going to miss one of the most most annoying "religions" in California; the cult of The Cyclist. The one I saw this morning blew through a stop sign. The cities here cater to them; San Luis Obispo is discussing making a major downtown artery, bicycle only; share the road signs are everywhere admonishing drivers to give them a wide berth, and many of them are arrogant and holier-than-thou because they're "saving the earth" and you're just driving a gasoline powered planet killer. It's a freaking religion to these people.

I'm not against the kids or the family out bicycling, but I despise the zealots."

"While running errands this morning, I realized I'm not going to miss one of the most most annoying "religions" in California; the cult of The Cyclist. The one I saw this morning blew through a stop sign. The cities here cater to them; San Luis Obispo is discussing making a major downtown artery, bicycle only; share the road signs are everywhere admonishing drivers to give them a wide berth, and many of them are arrogant and holier-than-thou because they're "saving the earth" and you're just driving a gasoline powered planet killer. It's a freaking religion to these people.

I'm not against the kids or the family out bicycling, but I despise the zealots."
At 74, I'm hardly a zealot but have been riding since I was a kid. Been blown and chased off the roads many a time by big "bubbas" showing off their muscle truck on steroids. My tire print from two wheels is 3/4 inch wide by 2 inches long......a tiny contact with the road. And yes.....I have gone thru a few stop signs.......when no one is there, but I generally stick to the rules. Sorry you have encountered some of those guys.....in a negative way.

[Sarcasm alert] I always enjoy encountering a big group of them on a hilly two-lane road, and all spread out, so if you do get a chance to pass one or two it's only to immediately slow down for the next one. It's pretty common here on the weekends in the spring.

Don't get me started on the people blocking the road because they're stopped to look at bluebonnets.

[Sarcasm alert] I always enjoy encountering a big group of them on a hilly two-lane road, and all spread out, so if you do get a chance to pass one or two it's only to immediately slow down for the next one. It's pretty common here on the weekends in the spring.

Don't get me started on the people blocking the road because they're stopped to look at bluebonnets.
Another sarcasm alert; maybe those bluebonnet aficionados would like to push up daisies.

I'm not brave enough to ride my bicycle on public roads. Too many crazies out there, but I do enjoy riding with my grandkids on the trails.

Mostly my gripe with them is they want to ride on crooked, narrow, high traffic roads with a fairly high speed limit. Honestly dont know how they dont kill more than they do the way they ride around here. Bad enough you got to dodge the cell phone drivers but when you are boogieing down the road with a trailer load of hay or cattle and run up on a bike rider(s) in a curve the same time you meet a teenage girl texting there is no good option.

Mostly my gripe with them is they want to ride on crooked, narrow, high traffic roads with a fairly high speed limit. Honestly dont know how they dont kill more than they do the way they ride around here. Bad enough you got to dodge the cell phone drivers but when you are boogieing down the road with a trailer load of hay or cattle and run up on a bike rider(s) in a curve the same time you meet a teenage girl texting there is no good option.

An experienced driver would be able to clip the airhead cellphonist with their left front bumper and with one short jerk of the wheel, sway the trailer around to clip the cyclist..........

Latest posts