There they go...

Help Support CattleToday:

Sunfish":ah6i6g5p said:
denvermartinfarms":ah6i6g5p said:
Ok, sounds like a good deal. Glad your not one of these people that thinks there gonna get rich by selling out at a high and get back in when they drop.

Young grasshopper they will drop just like they always have

:lol2:

Good move. Are you gong to buy more if they get high enough?

To keep your foot in the door you could purchase a 10% stake in a Georgia Certified Gluten-Free Grass-Fed Imbalancer operation for only $100,000. :mrgreen:

3waycross":37rm7tcz said:
Looks like 4 potloads to me. Why would you ask a man to put his business out on the internet like that. Tim might tell you but I sure wouldn't!

That's good, because I didn't ask you. And how does someone telling you how many they sold have anything to do with $$$. I guess the math wizz's here might guess how much he made, but that's it a GUESS. I don't have a problem telling someone how many I sell a year, if its that big a secret disregard the question. I only ask because I was curious how big his operation was/is.

Calhoun Farm":2kjsw0ez said:
3waycross":2kjsw0ez said:
Looks like 4 potloads to me. Why would you ask a man to put his business out on the internet like that. Tim might tell you but I sure wouldn't!

That's good, because I didn't ask you. And how does someone telling you how many they sold have anything to do with $$$. I guess the math wizz's here might guess how much he made, but that's it a GUESS. I don't have a problem telling someone how many I sell a year, if its that big a secret disregard the question. I only ask because I was curious how big his operation was/is.

There was a discussion on another thread just a few days ago relative to this topic. It's kinda like asking a man how much money he has or how many acres he owns.
If it's volunteered it is one thing. If it is asked it's definitely another.
No offense intended and I apologize if it came across that way.

Off of the Hobby Farmer thread but pertinent to what I said
Went to the John Deere dealership a few years ago to price an attachment for our front end loader while waiting on a salesman the secretary ask how big our farm was. I screwed up and should have said none of your business, but I told her in general terms. When the salesman came up she announced to him "he thinks he is a farmer" I thanked the salesman for his time and told him what I was looking for. I then told him it would be a cold day in h-LL before he received any of my money. I pointed to the secretary and told him the reason I won't be doing any business with you is because the curr bit-h over there (pointing) can't keep her mouth shut and walked out. They were both standing at the window watching me leave with their jaws on the floor.

This is my last post in this thread, but the quote about the dealership is completely different than what I ask. The woman meant her comment disrespectfully, I meant no disrespect in my question. Like I said, I was just curious how big his operation was. I don't care about his bank account (none of my concern). Good to hear he's getting some well deserved time with his son, I know I cherish every moment I get with mine. Carry on.

Calhoun Farm":3idcee32 said:
How many did you sell off if I may ask?
4, I put one cow on each trailer. It was a long trip and I wanted them to be as comfortable as possible. :D

Isomade":1ao03izo said:
Calhoun Farm":1ao03izo said:
4, I put one cow on each trailer. It was a long trip and I wanted them to be as comfortable as possible. :D
I knew it......you sold every dam one of them. :mad: :mad: Big dummy. :banana:

Isomade":dwnzj582 said:
Calhoun Farm":dwnzj582 said:

Pfft .. Hobby farmers
Come back when you get the minimum of 250 and are a real rancher :lol:

Isom, You just think you're going to be cheerleading for the soccer team. Once those stockers get there you're going to be so busy fixing fence where they rub through and leave hairballs in the wire so that the next one has an even easier time getting through and trying to get them back from sucking on your neighbors cows that you're going to wish you had your cows back. :lol: Better have your wife go make really good friends out of all the neighbors BEFORE they figure out what they're in for.
Or you could rely on the old standby and run heifers and then chew on your neighbors about THEIR bull tearing up YOUR fence. Once you get really good at that one and can say it with a straight face some guys will actually apologize, fix the fence, AND get the cattle straitened out... Once you get that good you're set. :nod:

Wow, I've heard of people dying to get into the cemetery, but I've never heard of someone selling out to get into the IFOfA. Pretty ballsy move right there, having not even been accepted yet. But that's the kind of individual we're looking for.

At IFOfA, we don't discriminate based on finances, we want all that want to be in the industry to fulfill their dream. Therefor, financial assistance may be available for you.

If you'll go ahead and provide us with the details of your financial situation, your checking account number and routing number for the bank, we can determine your fair share for joining.

Again, pretty ballsy move.

Iso, I admire you for doing what I want to do. Whatever anyone says, it's hard to sell something you have worked for and lived with. Better than me, I'll get old, cows will go to hell, fences will fall down, barns will need painting, and I'll still struggle to make it work. Good job. gs

Sunfish":2lulwde2 said:
denvermartinfarms":2lulwde2 said:
Ok, sounds like a good deal. Glad your not one of these people that thinks there gonna get rich by selling out at a high and get back in when they drop.

When did I say they wouldn't?

IMO it's not a good plan to go out of a business when it's making money with the plan of re entering when they get cheaper. For one thing it takes someone who needs no income during that time there out to do such a thing, or someone who has a second job off the farm. And I believe you would have to count the lost income during the time your out against any possible profit made from the move.

Iso ----good for you! The fact that someone wanted to but the whole outfit, says alot about what you've been doing ----congrats on that one.

Enjoy your new-found-time, at least until the stockers arrive.

:)

denvermartinfarms":thy1sely said:
Sunfish":thy1sely said:
denvermartinfarms":thy1sely said:

When did I say they wouldn't?

IMO it's not a good plan to go out of a business when it's making money with the plan of re entering when they get cheaper. For one thing it takes someone who needs no income during that time there out to do such a thing, or someone who has a second job off the farm. And I believe you would have to count the lost income during the time your out against any possible profit made from the move.
" they" call that opportunity cost. You have to consider the value of your money in a no risk venture which is a pretty slim margin right now against the value of spending some time with your children which money can't really buy. I know your single but I doubt you don't value that sort of " profit".

Kingfisher":191etoqh said:
" they" call that opportunity cost. You have to consider the value of your money in a no risk venture which is a pretty slim margin right now against the value of spending some time with your children which money can't really buy. I know your single but I doubt you don't value that sort of " profit".

If all someone has in there life is cattle they focus on $ and not the important things like Health, Family, Enjoying yourself and not smelling cattle farts. People like that save your breath they will never understand.

Kingfisher":20q72kz9 said:
I certainly do understand what he's doing and I think it's great. My original comment was saying just that, and that if it's for something like that it's the right move for sure. I just don't see doing it and coming out ahead on the money side of things.

My son and my best memories are from hunting from age 3-10 .

We still have nickname's he made up for everyone in hunting camp when he was 5 yo, that was 18 years ago.

ENJOY! !!!!

Scott

denvermartinfarms":3ngs9asq said:
Kingfisher":3ngs9asq said:
I certainly do understand what he's doing and I think it's great. My original comment was saying just that, and that if it's for something like that it's the right move for sure. I just don't see doing it and coming out ahead on the money side of things.
ISO will come out on top of the money thing too. Just cause he's a Okie don't mean he ain't sharp.

Latest posts