There Back

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
Sitting on the front porch this morning before daylight enjoying my morning caffeine and picking out what songs to lead at church this morning. My good mood turned sour as I listened to a sounder of hogs in my bottom pasture fighting and fusing. Guess I will ride down after services and see what all they tore up.
Time to set the traps again I Hate Hogs.

So glad we don't have those nasty things here in my part of Tennessee CB... I wouldn't mind driving to Texas and hunting some wild hogs some day!

And by the way... you can never go wrong with "The Ol Rugged Cross" at any church service (my favorite).

They are almost impossible to hunt in this thicket without dogs. You just keep a rifle on the mule of some kind. Killed two with a 17 HMR and got in three back this winter with the old Ruger 10/22.
They are almost exclusively nocturnal here.
The best hog deterrent I have found is a mini-14 you will never see one put a 22 lr on the mule and you will drive up on a sounder in the pasture at about a 100 yards.
They move so much here makes them hard to hunt here one day gone for two weeks I have wore out ladder stands to get a shot.
Trapping is the only way to inflict any kind of control on them here.

Went with
I'll fly away
When the roll is called up yonder
I come to the garden alone
Blessed assurance
Victory in Jesus
Trust and obey
We praise thre o God

Caustic Burno":2k0thtxb said:
Went with
I'll fly away
Blessed assurance
Victory in Jesus
Trust and obey
We praise thre o God
Good pics. In the garden would have been my suggestion :clap:

Kingfisher":3blbbhd7 said:
I always liked Victory in Jesus.

Reminds me of the two country churches located across the road from each other. One baptist and the other methodist. One Sunday one church was singing "Will There Be Any Stars in My Crown" and the other church was singing "No Not One". :lol: :lol:

TexasBred":2kupnhf1 said:
Kingfisher":2kupnhf1 said:
I always liked Victory in Jesus.

Reminds me of the two country churches located across the road from each other. One baptist and the other methodist. One Sunday one church was singing "Will There Be Any Stars in My Crown" and the other church was singing "No Not One". :lol: :lol:

No Not One is one of my old time favorites

Caustic Burno":18uitjwd said:
Went with
I'll fly away
Blessed assurance
Victory in Jesus
Trust and obey
We praise thre o God

1,2 and 5 are my favorites of these.

"Meet you in the Morning" is probably my favorite. All your choices were good ones to me. I love the old gospel songs. Our choir director incorporates a lot of newer stuff and I try to learn to like it but it's the old songs that I really like bc that's what I was raised up on.

CB, Don't you go trying to noodle them hogs again. I remember you getting a nasty bite last time you tried that. Noodling is for catfish only!

backhoeboogie":39su9qnf said:
CB, Don't you go trying to noodle them hogs again. I remember you getting a nasty bite last time you tried that. Noodling is for catfish only!
That was one of those Wisdom gained experiences, they can get you in the blink of an eye.

I have not seen any sign of hogs on my place in nearly 2 years, but my sister's place next door stays tore up--her's is covered in trees and brush--I keep mine sprayed and grazed down. They may travel across mine, but they haven't been stopping.

Latest posts