The World's A Changing

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno":2h4ieq6h said:
HDRider":2h4ieq6h said:
I think they destroyed them.

If they did that is the way fascism writes history. Hitler destroyed everything that didn't line up with his views.

Our President thinks that he constitution needs changed to give the President and future Presidents more power over judges.

Also our Governor Abbott wants to have a constitutional convention of the states to change the constitution. The way I understand this is it would mean that the Constitution would be wide open to any change.
My thoughts the constitution has served us well and should remain the same.

HDRider":feqqh0bl said:
The statues will be put into storage while the city looks for a suitable place to display them, the mayor has said.

Can anyone name the names of the four statues removed beginning with Robert E. Lee......do not use google.

TexasBred":26zil8z1 said:
HDRider":26zil8z1 said:
The statues will be put into storage while the city looks for a suitable place to display them, the mayor has said.

Can anyone name the names of the four statues removed beginning with Robert E. Lee......do not use google.
Might be fake news,,

The Jefferson Davis and Beauregard monument have been spotted, stored in a Desire maintenance storage yard.

Reports from WWL-TV say they are piled in a scrap yard.

This comes just one day after the Beauregard monument was taken down over a 7 hour period.

The base of the Jefferson Davis Memorial was also spotted in the yard.

The gates were open and some people were taking pictures.

http://www.wwl.com/articles/beauregard- ... scrap-yard

TexasBred":ox1mtg7k said:
HDRider":ox1mtg7k said:

I know Davis is one and another general is the other can't remember his name.

Caustic Burno":2bkerwo0 said:
ddd75":2bkerwo0 said:
i hope these people know slavery is alive and thriving, especially in Africa, where its never stopped.
all races have been enslaved at some point in time.

boo hoo, look at me, i'm special, give me a lollipop and a hug.
HeII fire Houston is the human trafficking capital of the USA Today.
I suppose now we need a poll on slavery.... :roll: At what age should a slave be set free?

A. Never (what part of slavery don't you understand?)
B. Until they earn enough to purchase their freedom... (see A.)
C. 18 and one year out of High School or at age 19 - - the same as required by the NBA
D. 40 (pxssy has a shelf life)
E. 65 (slavery is kind of bad, so indentured servitude instead)
F. Death (let 'em pay for their own funeral)
G. other (Please explain as many, many south of the Mason-Dixon Line can read, so don't be shy)

Son of Butch":1ompda5b said:
Caustic Burno":1ompda5b said:
ddd75":1ompda5b said:
i hope these people know slavery is alive and thriving, especially in Africa, where its never stopped.
all races have been enslaved at some point in time.

boo hoo, look at me, i'm special, give me a lollipop and a hug.
HeII fire Houston is the human trafficking capital of the USA Today.
I suppose now we need a poll on slavery.... :roll: At what age should a slave be set free?

A. Never (what part of slavery don't you understand?)
B. Until they earn enough to purchase their freedom... (see A.)
C. 18 and one year out of High School or at age 19 - - the same as required by the NBA
D. 40 (pxssy has a shelf life)
E. 65 (slavery is kind of bad, so indentured servitude instead)
F. Death (let 'em pay for their own funeral)
G. other (Please explain as many, many south of the Mason-Dixon Line can read, so don't be shy)
Sounds like you been giving owning people some thought, maybe even fantasizing about a big house on the Bayou in south Alabam.

HDRider":11vskqw9 said:
Sounds like you been giving owning people some thought, maybe even fantasizing about a big house on the Bayou
in south Alabam'.
I have. Kind of leaning against it as being bad, but so many good arguments in favor that I'm starting to waver. :)

Son of Butch":kgzr42dp said:
HDRider":kgzr42dp said:
Sounds like you been giving owning people some thought, maybe even fantasizing about a big house on the Bayou
in south Alabama.
I have. Kind of leaning against it as being bad, but so many good arguments in favor that I'm starting to waver. :)
Don't let peer pressure get to you. Just because all your neighbors, especially those with money, are doing it, doesn't mean you should.

I said Alabam.

HDRider":39npa7qp said:
Son of Butch":39npa7qp said:
HDRider":39npa7qp said:
in south Alabam'.
Don't let peer pressure get to you.
Just because all your neighbors, especially those with money, are doing it, doesn't mean you should.
I said Alabam.
Fixed it?
No, not neighbors and not really peer pressure (as who could ever truly be my peer)
maybe just longing for the good old days of 1844 before Texas became a state.

the circus is everywhere here as Sarasota is the home of the ringling's. its made quite an impact here and its on the news daily....\

just wait.....lincoln statue is next

Caustic Burno":2epiztyu said:
Bestoutwest":2epiztyu said:
Caustic Burno":2epiztyu said:
What a joke on history the sainthood of the president that wanted to deport the African to Central America.
I've read two speeches by him where he was pro slavery and anti-aircraft. He just pandered to the specific crowd.
The true irony is if the democrats had not self destructed in a power struggle he would have never seen the White House. They fractured into three groups running a norther, southern and western candidate against him.

Secondly I don't think he gave any anti air craft speechs that auto correct is a pain sometimes.

I saw that come up and I even changed out of it. I hate autocorrect sometimes.

Son of Butch":2ek42hd0 said:
HDRider":2ek42hd0 said:
in south Alabam'.
You gotta have the flag before you qualify. (Strictly for historical reference) I think some even come wrapped in a white sheet with a pointed hat.

TexasBred":zx67nxql said:
Son of Butch":zx67nxql said:
HDRider":zx67nxql said:
in south Alabam'.
You gotta have the flag before you qualify. (Strictly for historical reference) I think some even come wrapped in a white sheet with a pointed hat.
President William McKinley, from Ohio
President Woodrow Wilson, from Virginia
Warren G. Harding, from Ohio
Gutzon Borglum, who created Mount Rushmore, from Idaho
Calvin Coolidge, President of the United States, from Vermont
President Harry S. Truman, from Missouri
West Virginia Senator Robert Byrd, from North Carolina

All purchased said sheets.

HDRider":28a1wl57 said:
TexasBred":28a1wl57 said:
Son of Butch":28a1wl57 said:
President William McKinley, from Ohio
President Woodrow Wilson, from Virginia
Warren G. Harding, from Ohio
Gutzon Borglum, who created Mount Rushmore, from Idaho
Calvin Coolidge, President of the United States, from Vermont
President Harry S. Truman, from Missouri
West Virginia Senator Robert Byrd, from North Carolina

All purchased said sheets.

Do you have corroborating evidence, or is this just a list of suspected/alleged Klan members?

On Harding:
While one source claims Warren G. Harding, a Republican, was a Ku Klux Klan member while President, that claim is based on a third-hand account of a second-hand recollection in 1985 of a deathbed statement made sometime in the late 1940s concerning an incident in the early 1920s. Independent investigations have turned up many contradictions and no supporting evidence. Historians reject the claim and note that Harding in fact publicly fought and spoke against the Klan.

Wyn Craig Wade states Harding's membership as fact and gives a detailed account of a secret swearing-in ceremony in the White House, based on a private communication he received in 1985 from journalist Stetson Kennedy. Kennedy, in turn had, along with Elizabeth Gardner, tape recorded some time in the "late 1940s" a deathbed confession of former Imperial Klokard Alton Young. Young claimed to have been a member of the "Presidential Induction Team". Young also said on his deathbed that he had repudiated racism.[24][25]

In his book, The Strange Deaths of President Harding, historian Robert Ferrell says he was unable to find any records of any such "ceremony" in which Harding was brought into the Klan in the White House. John Dean, in his 2004 book Warren Harding, also could find no proof of Klan membership or activity on the part of Harding. Review of the personal records of Harding's Personal White House Secretary, George Christian Jr., also do not support the contention that Harding received members of the Klan while in office. Appointment books maintained in the White House, detailing President Harding's daily schedules, do not show any such event.

I'm sure some are for real, some suspected and some accused. I know one of them said he'd join any club or organization if it would get him votes. lolol

100 yrs ago the klan was a good bit different than now,both of my grandfathers were members, mostly they would confront some white trash fella that was beating his wife or neglecting his children and straighten him out, most prestigious men were silent members, but now the klan is nothing more than a bunch of white trash skin heads that go around acting like little hitlers, filled with hate for no reason,and most couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag. People who hate others just for their race or beliefs are no better than those terrorist losers president trump was calling out

Caustic Burno":1tmmzk8b said:
Bestoutwest":1tmmzk8b said:
Caustic Burno":1tmmzk8b said:
What a joke on history the sainthood of the president that wanted to deport the African to Central America.
I've read two speeches by him where he was pro slavery and anti-aircraft. He just pandered to the specific crowd.
The true irony is if the democrats had not self destructed in a power struggle he would have never seen the White House. They fractured into three groups running a norther, southern and western candidate against him.

Secondly I don't think he gave any anti air craft speechs that auto correct is a pain sometimes.

Sort of like our last election. Lincoln received 180 or 303 electoral votes. That's 60%.

Bestoutwest":1aelwc8w said:
This weekend two eras come to an end.

Today the last Confederate statue in New Orleans came down, it was of Robert E. Lee. While I don't agree with the South's decision to secede, the man was willing to die for his beliefs and was a great general. For that I respect him.
Lee was actually wanted to stay in the union, but not "At the point of a bayonet."
His first loyalty was to his state. Not the union.

Seeing the aftermath of the war he is reported to have said that rather than surrender he wished he had died with his men with his sword in his hand.

Correct me if I'm wrong...
but the civil war started and ended because the southern rebels were big babies and a bunch of quitters.
Lincoln won the the election in 1860 and 7 southern states said, that's it we quit... and give me back my Fort Sumter.
President Buchanan said, Nah-uh, go to your room or I'll spank your butt and he sent supplies to reinforce U.S. troops
stationed there since 1776 by hiring a civilian steamship Star of the West to deliver the supplies. Cadets from the
Citadel in South Carolina laid in wait and opened fire on the ship entering the harbor, hitting it 3 times and the civilian
ship's captain said, they don't pay me enough to put up with this shxt and turned around and went back to her home
port in New York without delivering the needed supplies.

The south all embolden cheered... yea we're the biggest, we're the baddest we kicked that civilian ship's rudder
(slang for azz) we're entitled to do whatever we want, whenever we want, We're All Hot Shxt... Hooray Hooray
Then 3 months later in April and 3 days before Lincoln was sworn in they attacked Fort Sumter.... big victory
for the south, beating a bunch of very old toothless soldiers short on supplies who had been there since 1776

Abe (Belichek) Lincoln then became president. He asked Lee, who was on the government payroll and sucking on the
government's teat most of his adult life, to start earning his keep. Bobby replied, I'm a quitter at heart and it was on.
Till the 4th quarter and the South with Robert "Ice" Lee at qb finally said this is getting really hard and then
Tom "Sherman" Brady put the hammer down on Atlanta and the next thing you know All the trash talking big baby
rebels cried out, WE QUIT, WE QUIT and like the little pig that got none they cried wee, wee, wee all the way home.
Where they built statues, spit on Lincoln's grave, spun self aggrandizing yarns, voted for democrats, troubled their neighbors, drank moonshine, smoked meth and sing the praises of brahmas while bxtchin' all about it ever after.

Moral of the story, never cast your lot with quitters.