The World's A Changing

Help Support CattleToday:

I read a book 20 years ago about confederate soldiers who deserted and hid in the Appalachian mountains of eastern Kentucky. They formed into gangs to evade local law enforcement. The book portrayed them as the lowest sum of the earth. According the book, they lacked rudimentary dignity and civility. They murdered, raped, stole, mistreated and lived without any form of morals. As True Grit would say, they all deserved a bullet behind the ear.

Bright Raven":qc3dgylz said:
I read a book 20 years ago about confederate soldiers who deserted and hid in the Appalachian mountains of eastern Kentucky. They formed into gangs to evade local law enforcement. The book portrayed them as the lowest sum of the earth. According the book, they lacked rudimentary dignity and civility. They murdered, raped, stole, mistreated and lived without any form of morals. As True Grit would say, they all deserved a bullet behind the ear.
Raven you scoundrel you take that back, you take that back right now. Confederate soldiers were saints, saints I say.

Ryder":2ytp9k3w said:
BR did you also read a book about the confederates that did not desert but fought to the death in a valiant effort to protect their lands from the hordes of northern aggressors?

Yes. With human beings, you get the good, the bad and the ugly. If you want a picture of what people in the past were like, just look around you today. The "Present is the key to the Past".

Fundamentally, humans are docile animals but as social animals we are wrought with flaws. The list is long.

Personally, the only hero I know of is Caustic Burno and that is only because Stanford777 said he was. :D

Ryder":3lv630sy said:
BR did you also read a book about the confederates that did not desert but fought to the death in a valiant effort to protect their lands from the hordes of northern aggressors?
Which book was that?
Hordes of Northern Aggressors, sounds like I'll need to look for it in the fiction section at the library since the fact
is the south twice fired the first shots of the war, both times before Belichick (oops I mean Lincoln) even took office.

Terrorists from South Carolina also know as Citadel cadets attacked a civilian steamship in January sent by
President Buchanan to deliver supplies to the 85 soldiers of The United States of America serving at Fort Sumter.
Unable to starve them into surrender on April 12, 1861 three days before Lincoln even took office an insurgent group
of 600+ cry babies and quitters backed by 6 other states (a group unrecognized by any country in the world) attacked
The United States of America and 85 American soldiers located at Fort Sumter who held out for 34 hours against insurmountable odds, while the south indirectly caused the death of 2 of the soldiers during surrender on April 14
the day before Lincoln took office. Technically Lincoln inherited the war from Buchanan.
I guess some supposed Americans just don't care about supporting our troops.

" If we'd of know this, we'd of picked our own cotton " As history has proved, the US of A would of been better off for it.
The Civil war was a bad deal for the country.

Latest posts