The US dollar is crashing.

Help Support CattleToday:

dollar to euro currently 81 cents a 5.5% drop since the election
year ago 89.6
high March 19th 2020 93.5

5 yr high 12/15/16 93.57
5 yr low 2/01/18 80.02

the market is always looking ahead and what it sees is the fed printing more and more money backed by nothing and devaluing what is already in circulation.

Last edited:
What does the us dollar crashing do for interest rates? Will interest rates go up? CD rates are killing us over here.

It's a double edged sword. If the dollar gets to high it hurts our exports. China tends to buy more commodities when the dollar is low.
What would you rather have, a handful of cash that isn't worth as much or half a handful of cash that's worth more?
I'll take a grain bin full of soybeans when the dollar is low and China is in a buying mood.

If the dollar keeps falling in purchasing power the day will come when its greatest value will be, behind you, in the smallest room in the house.

So let's run up another trillion in debt with more stimulus and see if we can achieve parity with the peso.

If you don't like trade deficits and would like manufacturing jobs to come back an artificially high dollars is not necessarily your friend.

Guess you can't print money without negative effects. Who would of thought of that?

surely most have seen these pictures

My Edward Jones rep told me he went to see the biggest landowner in the county one time about investing. The response was "if I can't drive across it or it don't have hair on it I ain't interested." I should've listened to those words twenty years ago. In other words, real, tangible things are where invest, the rest (cash, stock, etc.) are paper. I assume one could make the case for metals as well.

Latest posts