The moon causing this

Help Support CattleToday:

Now, I used to live with the fellow several years ago, and when we broke up, I went to get all my stuff out of his doublewide. It was raining and we were fighting like WWIII, he was throwing all my clothes out into the yard in the rain. Anyhoo! I had two weenie dogs and a cage of live chickens in the back of my Blazer.

I got slightly delayed in getting them to my house by the Deputies, :oops: :x , and then I was on my way home with the dogs, 5 Silkies and all my wet clothing in the Blazer.

Between the dogs and the chickens and the mud, it was an awful mess. Worth it, though. I lost 230 pounds of lard that day! :D

Was following a station wagon with what I thought was a Great Dane in the back with a load of kids...
Wasn't a dog....Holstein calf and the kids looked like they didn't mind. The story behind that would have been interesting.
A few weeks ago I watched a couple buy a pair of goats at the sale for next to nothing...was really fun to watch them load them into a small pick up with a shell on the back.
DMc

Ryder":334c9kql said:
MikeC":334c9kql said:
We used to sell dairy calves all the time to people in cars.

Put 'em in a burlap feed sack, tie it up around the calves neck, and throw them in the back seat or trunk. Gone! :lol:
Same here. Not uncommon at all.

Friend of mine say when they'ld move his dad would cross the chickens legs and tie them. Claimed that they moved so much that anytime his dad went into the hen house the chickens would lay down and cross their legs.

:lol: Amish kid driving his pony with a small utility cart
behind it--- you guessed it! He was hauling holstein bottle
calves ( more dead than alive ) to the local salebarn. The
odd thing was, these poor sick little buggers brought over
$200!!!! ;-)

I've taken sick/weak calves to the barn in the front floorboard of the truck. I brought a calf home from the sale barn that was a split at 2am in the floorboard of the truck and I've also taken a couple to the vet that way. Never in the car though!

Years ago I use to buy day old dairy calves at the sale. I would stuff them in a gunny sack and tie it up around their neck. I would put two on the floor boards and one on the seat. Hauled lots of calves home that way.
This spring I saw a couple of guys at the sale load a big boar hog in the back of an old Datsun pickup with a flimsy canopy. They made it about 4 blocks before the hog disassembled the canopy and made the great escape.

Latest posts