The Library - a gathering place for bums

Help Support CattleToday:

He's back as of 9:55 my time. He can just walk himself outa here at 11:15, when I eat lunch.

I can't say it, but inside I'm screaming, "GET A JOB!! LOOK FOR A JOB!!"

Lammie":1ugc77px said:
He left around four yesterday. I have had far greater pains, as far as patrons go, but dogone it, he's fit enough to work and he should. Grown men shouldn't be spending the whole afternoon in a library. Or an arcade, for that matter...
A lot of able bodied folks out of work right now....not by choice.

TexasBred":pq530ybv said:
Lammie":pq530ybv said:
He left around four yesterday. I have had far greater pains, as far as patrons go, but dogone it, he's fit enough to work and he should. Grown men shouldn't be spending the whole afternoon in a library. Or an arcade, for that matter...
A lot of able bodied folks out of work right now....not by choice.

Yeah, and I totally get that. I have folks in here every day looking. He's playing video games.

At least TRY. :roll:

How did you figure he's down & out or homeless? Some people, like me most days, just look that way. The guy may not need a job. Just keep one eye on him and be careful. Always tough dealing with the public.

fitz

I don't know. He's not dirty or anything. I'd just expect that a young man like that would have better places to be besides the library, all day, every day.

Earlier, when I closed for lunch, he had gone to the restroom and was spotted by one of the teachers in that area. Of course, wearing his black duster and his shaved head and all, he was looking every inch the Trenchcoat Mafia type, so he alerted the Resource Officer, who came down, tazer drawn, and asked the guy what he was doing wandering the school. He wasn't wandering. I knew where he was, but she was just doing her job and she did it fast, too. I talked to her and she said that she'd checked him out and that he didn't have any warrants or anything. We both agreed that he seemed a little slow, for lack of a better word. And he wasn't mad at the RO or anything. He was quite agreeable to what she had to say.

He's back in here now. At least he knows that we have a fast response to potential threats to safety.

Latest posts