The Library - a gathering place for bums

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie

Reaction score
I have noticed that the library has become a social club for the down and out. I have one guy that pretty much comes in here, spends the entire day on the computer and I have to run him out at my lunch time and again when we close. And I suspect that he's been infecting the computer with stuff... Had to get one reformatted, although I can't be sure it was his stuff doing it. We blocked the websites he was using. He's a young man, too. Looks like he'd have better things to do...

Lammie":3sieo3of said:
I have noticed that the library has become a social club for the down and out. I have one guy that pretty much comes in here, spends the entire day on the computer and I have to run him out at my lunch time and again when we close. And I suspect that he's been infecting the computer with stuff... Had to get one reformatted, although I can't be sure it was his stuff doing it. We blocked the websites he was using. He's a young man, too. Looks like he'd have better things to do...
can you get his number... i got a about a 1/2 mile fence to take down and haul up to the barn. and other assorted chores

I don't think you want him. He thinks he's from The Matrix or something. Long black leather duster. Shaved head. He'd be menacing if he weren't stoned.

Lammie":3291ncox said:
I don't think you want him. He thinks he's from The Matrix or something. Long black leather duster. Shaved head. He'd be menacing if he weren't stoned.

You probably don't want to know what he might be hiding under that long black leather duster.
Or what websights he enjoys on the puter. :) :)

Cal

I heard second hand that a guy was banned from the local library for bringing up ?able sites on the public computers. I thought they had really strict controls on those computers, but maybe he found a way.

So, Lammie and all, have you heard of the new adaptation of "Huckleberry Finn"? Being as we're talking library stuff. (software blocks the N word)Jim is now Slave Jim. All 250+ times he is mentioned. Personally, I'm going to make sure I have a copy as written, before they all go away. How does anyone think they can improve Mark Twain?

We are completely addicted to the show Hoarders on A&E, and a few weeks back one man's wife had filled their home so full of crap that he slept in their car at night and spent his days in their public library.

farmwriter":3imenmp3 said:
We are completely addicted to the show Hoarders on A&E, and a few weeks back one man's wife had filled their home so full of crap that he slept in their car at night and spent his days in their public library.

My, my, my...and the wife still had room in the house for herself? Or was she in the back seat?

He slept in the backseat. Seems like she slept in the only empty chair in the home, but I might be getting her mixed up with another episode. It was so sad. The man stooped horribly from back problems and he was a tall guy so he could not sleep nearly flat. It was pitiful.

They've had to get a securety guard at the Library in this little town! I was so shocked. :hide: But the town is growing so fast,I guess it had to come to this... :frowns:

ALACOWMAN":2vvj74gi said:
Lammie":2vvj74gi said:
can you get his number... i got a about a 1/2 mile fence to take down and haul up to the barn. and other assorted chores

Go by the Huddle House around 3:00 am and I'm pretty sure you'll find him there. If he isn't there just ask the gal with all the tattoos on her face and neck and she'll know where he is.

Jogeephus":1ularuhj said:
Go by the Huddle House around 3:00 am and I'm pretty sure you'll find him there. If he isn't there just ask the gal with all the tattoos on her face and neck and she'll know where he is.

There you go, profiling "tattooed-Americans" as bums. I admit to being of the same mind, but you know we're going to have to go to "tolerance" counseling.
On the other hand, the bottle blonde at the Circle K had 4 rings in her ear the first time she worked there. I thought we wouldn't be seeing her working the counter very long. But, she's now the longest tenured person there. Seems like a tough little lady. No visible tattoos, and she's down to 2 rings in her ear. If I was 25, I'd be willing to search for any non-visible tattoos. :nod:

john250":7h0x42b8 said:
Jogeephus":7h0x42b8 said:

There you go, profiling "tattooed-Americans" as bums. I admit to being of the same mind, but you know we're going to have to go to "tolerance" counseling.
On the other hand, the bottle blonde at the Circle K had 4 rings in her ear the first time she worked there. I thought we wouldn't be seeing her working the counter very long. But, she's now the longest tenured person there. Seems like a tough little lady. No visible tattoos, and she's down to 2 rings in her ear. If I was 25, I'd be willing to search for any non-visible tattoos. :nod:

I know I shouldn't do it but I just can't help myself. Just can't understand why Methodists want to do such things.

Jogeephus":q6pj2mh7 said:
john250":q6pj2mh7 said:
Jogeephus":q6pj2mh7 said:

I know I shouldn't do it but I just can't help myself. Just can't understand why Methodists want to do such things.
:D :D :D
Wish I could show this to my Methodist preacher friend, but he up and died a couple of years ago.

I can't say anything about tattoos, Steve has several... I do have issues with neck and facial tats, though.

I get some strangers in here at times, but the most I worry about is ex students who want to wander the school.

Of course, Lunatics always start in the library... I figure I'm done for if anyone comes in packing.

He's back. With another woman... I guess he's the most mortal man in the homeless community?

Anyhoo, I started a chart to keep track of what computers he uses so that I can track my virus activity to where he is and when he's online. We don't have individual sign-ins for the computers here because we're so small and I guess it's costly to have a system of this nature.

He's been here since I got back from lunch at 11:45. Bet he stays until we close at six tonight. I'm working, so I'll be here.

Lammie":3t595svo said:
He's back. With another woman... I guess he's the most mortal man in the homeless community?

Anyhoo, I started a chart to keep track of what computers he uses so that I can track my virus activity to where he is and when he's online. We don't have individual sign-ins for the computers here because we're so small and I guess it's costly to have a system of this nature.

He's been here since I got back from lunch at 11:45. Bet he stays until we close at six tonight. I'm working, so I'll be here.

At first I thought you were yakking about me :eek: I spend some time in the local libray.......

Stay vigilant Lammie, eye on the ball, all that ya know! :D

He left around four yesterday. I have had far greater pains, as far as patrons go, but dogone it, he's fit enough to work and he should. Grown men shouldn't be spending the whole afternoon in a library. Or an arcade, for that matter...

Lammie":2u47zto6 said:
He left around four yesterday. I have had far greater pains, as far as patrons go, but dogone it, he's fit enough to work and he should. Grown men shouldn't be spending the whole afternoon in a library. Or an arcade, for that matter...
i hope that your employer allows you to carry while at work, but i would bet not? if you aren't allowed to, perhaps you should consider doing it anyway. of course, i think that everyone should carry, especially the ladies. but i suppose that is an argument best left for another thread.

I'm at a school, so carrying is somewhat frowned upon. We do have a resource officer down the hall though, who does. I have her cell number if all else fails. We have a combination of school and public library. I used to carry pepper spray when I worked for Adult Protective Services. Never had to use it. He isn't threatening as much as he is bothersome. I can't leave a student aide alone with him, so I can't run down to the office, go to the restroom or anything like that when he's here. (No, we don't have restrooms in the library. I think that's pretty short sided on the part of the building designers.)

And he's playing games. I'd understand it if he were in here looking for jobs.

Latest posts