The last this season

Help Support CattleToday:

lithuanian farmer

Reaction score
Finnaly calved the last cow this season.
Today I went to look how she is doing but coundn't find her in herd. Needed to walk a bit and saw her, already calving.
2013_08050001.JPG

After 1,5 hours hard work and being patient finnaly not bad result. Calved by her own, because didn't wanted to let me close and help.
2013_08050007.JPG

Pretty bull calf,her 4th calf and 1st bull.
2013_08050018.JPG

2013_08050019.JPG

2013_08050015.JPG

2013_08050023.JPG

2013_08050026.JPG

10th bull this calving season. Finnaly we've more bulls than heifers! :) 9 heifers.If everything will be okay will keep all heifers for breeding.

sim.-ang.king":31agxh32 said:
Nice looking cow.
Use to have a blue cow like that, was a fine cow.
Thank you. Her name is Big Beauty. She always produces the best calves, her daughter has the best heifer calf this year(2nd calver). I've posted her last year heifers pics a couple months ago( black heifer).
By the way, Big Beauty is a granddam to my heifer.

Congratulations!!! What size is your cow? I like my cows a bit larger and she looks to fit the bill, or maybe she appears closer in my computer than she actually is!! :lol2:
I love the color of her calf.
I am glad that Angus are just black. I am afraid that I would fall in love with a red roan or a blue roan cow.

Chuckie":1wwac1ew said:
Congratulations!!! What size is your cow? I like my cows a bit larger and she looks to fit the bill, or maybe she appears closer in my computer than she actually is!! :lol2:
I love the color of her calf.
I am glad that Angus are just black. I am afraid that I would fall in love with a red roan or a blue roan cow.
Thank you! :) Well, she isn't the biggest cow in herd, about 1650lbs or so, but we hadn't weigh any of cows, so I can be wrong.
Personaly what I like the most in this calf is his back and neck, I think that this bull will be the most muscular from all this year calves.
:lol2: In our herd are alot of colours: white, different tones of brown, blue roan, black, white headed brown, red roan, one is light brown with grey roan, a few tones of grey. I always like when calf borns two-coloured, because the same black or brown is boring. Last year we'd almost all black, just one grey, two blue roan and three black white headed. This cow is one of my favorite.

LF, thanks for the pics. Enjoyed them. Love the cow. I like to see cows of many different colors. Just me.

That calf looks like he's going to be meaty.. a lot of the older guys look like it too. I look forward to seeing what my limousin bull will produce, The previous bull we had was great so he's going to have to be better!

We're happy about this young fella. His sire is AngusxCharxCharxdairy. All that bull's daughters gonna be left for breeding.
I can't await to see next year how our Limousine bull's calves will look as the yearlings and elder.
By the way. this black bull's dam still is pregnant by our limo bull and can't await to see what she'll have. Would like to get a heifer. Cow should calve after three weeks.

Sold bulls last week. This bull at 15 months age weighed 1304lbs. The biggest bull was 20 months old- 1673lbs.
PS. Bull's dam calved and , unfortunatelly, she has a bull calf, 117lbs.

Sorry she didn't give you a heifer.. I have a 6 year old cow that has given me 5 bulls in a row. I think I like her, but I'll have to see what kind of a heifer she can raise.. A gelbvieh calf from her would have been nice, but perhaps she'll have a Limo heifer instead, which could be good too.

Nice weights on the bull calves!

Thanks. That's the 6th calf for that cow. Had 3 heifers and all have been left as the replacements. One is 3rd calver, one 1st calver and one is still heifer, might be pregnant, I wish she was, as have seen her in heat for 7 times this year. Now it's 3rd term when she's quiet. Others two are good cows, have nice calves and have one very good replacement heifer from one of them too.
It's pitty when very good cows don't have heifers.

I was lucky with my old cow Rosie, she had 11 heifers and 5 bulls... I kept 5 of them, and still have 4. I wasn't so lucky with her sister, I only had 1 heifer from her and she's the best cow I have, I'm hoping that daughter will have a few more.

Latest posts