The Journey, and Work in Moore, OK

Help Support CattleToday:

sim.-ang.king

Reaction score
Our State's Free Will Baptist Master's Men's group have a Disaster Relief team that goes out, and helps clean up debris, and what not in disaster areas. They had gone to Joplin in 2011, Ice storm in KY, and Katrina way back when, plus others but this was my first time going out of state to help. Did know if I could make it because I could of been planting beans but it happen that all of the fields were too wet, so I was able to go. So me, my brother-in-law, and Uncle left Thursday from Salem, and drove for 12 hours pulling the flatbed with the skid steer. Made are way to Cabela's in Hazelwood first though where we met 4 other guys, 2 from Chicago (that was fun :lol2: ) and 2 from Decatur. Got there driving thru 3 different storm fronts, and a monsoon of rain. Got there and met up with a group from Dallas County MO, and made our HQ at a FWB church near Norman not far from RT 77. Below is some pics with captions, and first is a link to a video the group from Dallas made.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152916376005602
Leaving from Moto
116.JPG

Flooded Mississippi
117.JPG

Near Springfield MO
119.JPG

What we saw most of the time driving threw OK.
120.JPG

121.JPG

Till Tulsa
122.JPG

OKC
123.JPG

Moore from Interstate 35
124.JPG

Hillsdale FWB Bible College on the south end of Moore, where they had part of the relief groups at.
125.JPG

Home away from home with very uncomfortable cots.
127.JPG

128.JPG

First days work, and view of destruction.
129.JPG

130.JPG

131.JPG

132.JPG

133.JPG

134.JPG

135.JPG

138.JPG

First job at a widows house. Had 2 huge cottonwoods in the front yard, and 2 bigger cottonwoods on the barn.
140.JPG

141.JPG

142.JPG

143.JPG

Then the Friday night tornadoes. Had 3 touchdown that night. We started here at this gas station then headed south to the Norman Fire station and ate some pizza with them guys, and tried to figure out what was happening with them. Then ended up getting danger close to one that went over Norman, and high tailed it south, but ended up getting followed by the storm. Got lost in the flooding, rain, wind, and traffic, and ended 3 hours later at the same gas station.
144.JPG

Norman Fire station
145.JPG

Someone get lost?
146.JPG

More Moore
147.JPG

148.JPG

New Damage from the Friday tornado
149.JPG

150.JPG

Drove home today, and 4 from MO, and my uncle with his skid steer stayed to help for this week.

Was quite a journey, and wish it wasn't so far away or I would've stayed longer, but had to get home. It seemed like they had lots of help, and were getting it done (if they just don't get anymore storms).

You're a good kid. I know the area is getting a lot of help and its making a huge difference. My sis is working with that morman group helping out her neighbors.
Thanks for the help you guys give!

Well seems God was watching over us Friday. Was driving in the storm that produced the largest tornado ever.

Latest posts