The Day We Have Been Waiting For

Help Support CattleToday:

DRSCfarm

Reaction score
Well, after many nights staying up, checking on my heifer, she finally calved!! On 11/12/11 at 11:15 am, I got a healthy red Lim-Flex heifer calf!!

There is a long story behind this little girl.. My heifer, Snooki, was 2 weeks over due. We were very anxious waiting for her to have this calf. I decided to go up to a friend's ranch on Saturday morning, thinking she wouldn't calve. Hmmm... I thought wrong! After being up in Bryan, TX for 2 hours, I got the call that she was calving. So drove back an hour and a half to my house and just missed the birth by 25 minutes. I was bummed. :cry: But to make it all better, I got to see her stand up for the second time and helped her nurse for the first time! My little show heifer did a great job with this calf! So then after the excitement was over, we decided to start thinking of names. All of a sudden, a torrential wind comes through and I felt like I had been transported into The Wizard of Oz! Then, it came to me! Dorothy was her name :)

PICTURES!!! :D

Snooki, aka Ginger Fay, is black 1/2 Limousin, 1/4 Angus, 1/4 Charolais and registered as a Texas Club Calf. The sire, Pirelli, is black 3/4 Limousin and 1/4 Angus and registered as a Limousin. My new calf, Dorothy, is red.

CIMG4587.jpg

CIMG4583.jpg

CIMG4572.jpg

CIMG4559.jpg

CIMG4544.jpg

CIMG4541.jpg

DRSCfarm":39rdvze4 said:
Well, after many nights staying up, checking on my heifer, she finally calved!! On 11/12/11 at 11:15 am, I got a healthy red Lim-Flex heifer calf!!
Well I think she is absolutely wonderful! I know how anxious I get with heifers calving. Nice of her to wait until your back was turned, but that's usually the thanks you get. :roll: Looks like Snooki is being a good momma. Sure is nice to have those cows that are so easy to work with.

Congrats and enjoy your new baby!

I would have been sweating bullets, too, a heifer going two weeks overdue. Glad everything went well, looks like the pair is off to a good start.

angie":wi86p38r said:
DRSCfarm":wi86p38r said:
Well I think she is absolutely wonderful! I know how anxious I get with heifers calving. Nice of her to wait until your back was turned, but that's usually the thanks you get. :roll: Looks like Snooki is being a good momma. Sure is nice to have those cows that are so easy to work with.

Congrats and enjoy your new baby!

Haha funny you should say that angie.. This heifer has been the most difficult animal I have ever had. It took me 3 months just to get her to walk continuously, not kick the show stick, or try to bulldoze me down. Even today she charged me :roll: She's kinda like one of those annoying Chihuahuas that constantly tries to bite.. You start to ignore it :lol2: But she and I have this love/hate relationship. I'm actually surprised she is letting me mess with her calf. She will stay laying down as I walk up and pet the baby. Guess motherhood can change a cow :clap:

Latest posts