The best new breed of cattle. Now avalible!

Help Support CattleToday:

Well, I'm starting the Red Baldy breed. It gives the red color for all those southern folks that don't want a black hided animal. All those with Reg Black Baldy's, if you have a red gene hiding(like Angus), you're allowed to breed to a Red Baldy and register the calf as 75% Red Baldy

aplusmnt":hhgg0z03 said:
Don't they already have this breed? A Black Hereford?

aplusmnt you have not been paying attention A BH is not a baldy but a real Hereford just black!! ;-) ;-) Get with the program guy! :roll:

Alan":3n212jew said:
Any plans to start an association, the American Black Baldy Association or ABBA.... that name is already taken by an 80's rock group. What about a certified beef program? the CBBB, how good would the CBBB....be?

Just a couple of thoughts,
Alan

Alan I like the ABBA idea! It is already recognisible acronym and it is from a time in history when people loved........ BEEF!!!!

S.R.R.":2akkojuc said:
Alan":2akkojuc said:
Any plans to start an association, the American Black Baldy Association or ABBA.... that name is already taken by an 80's rock group. What about a certified beef program? the CBBB, how good would the CBBB....be?

Just a couple of thoughts,
Alan

Alan I like the ABBA idea! It is already recognisible acronym and it is from a time in history when people loved........ BEEF!!!!

Sorry, but that acronym has already been taken by none other than The American Bed and Breakfast Association. :p

S.R.R.":hm8bufmn said:
warpaint":hm8bufmn said:
101_1237.jpg

Dang, I didn't read into your post far enough before putting the pic in.

Thought I might be able to double her up as another breed. :oops:

Sorry no horns allowed but if a few scurs show up here and there it is O.K. you know that kind of thing can happen when you are breeding up! ;-) O yes and by the way just so it is clear BBs have always been british based cattle but as big as a Char.

I think they want the white on the other end. :D

At the current time we are trying to collect a number of top quality BBs I have sent in a PM to ONLY-BEEF since he is the only one on this board that I know is committed to the baldy!

Are there any more of you here that raise BBs which would make good foundation cattle for this breed! Any and all cattle will be considered but they must be BBs.

So if we can get our great cattle minds to form a think tank for the association.... would they be BB brains?

Alan

Alan":3jfhx7l1 said:
So if we can get our great cattle minds to form a think tank for the association.... would they be BB brains?

Alan

Think tank! that's exactly what I need....one of those breed association consultant jobs. Show up for ten or 12 meetings/events a year, say something profound like: 'our breed's steers need more muscling without giving up marbling or maternal traits' (oooh, wow that was deep...now what?) or the 'future of the cattle industry is dependent on our youth'(duh...) or 'my research shows that our breed crosses well with British breeds'(what doesn't?) and collect a check for about $65,000 a year, while making $3000-15000 on the side per client consulting for loaded newbie breeders about their new donor cows.

Brandonm2":2a7r2bnn said:
Alan":2a7r2bnn said:

Alan

Think tank! that's exactly what I need....one of those breed association consultant jobs. .

O.K. Alan and Brandonm2 I can see you really have a passion for the breed and would love to be employed as consultants! The is along list of people that have applied for that job but I will see if I can squeeze you in at the top.

Brandonm2":3ormzi74 said:
Alan":3ormzi74 said:

Alan

Think tank! that's exactly what I need....one of those breed association consultant jobs. Show up for ten or 12 meetings/events a year, say something profound like: 'our breed's steers need more muscling without giving up marbling or maternal traits' (oooh, wow that was deep...now what?) or the 'future of the cattle industry is dependent on our youth'(duh...) or 'my research shows that our breed crosses well with British breeds'(what doesn't?) and collect a check for about $65,000 a year, while making $3000-15000 on the side per client consulting for loaded newbie breeders about their new donor cows.

Love it now thats funny.
SRR do you need a brand inspector, instructor so these wantabee's that Alan and Brandonm2 are consulting for don't cook the cows during branding.

I'll volenteer to go with CB and check to see if they have 2 seeds in the band :D

I will have one BB calf next year, out of my lone Hereford heifer, so I definetely want in.

Could I be in charge of writing memos to packers cautioning them to only allow calves with exactly the right breeding be allowed to be classified under our brand? Unless they run short? Or see some others that would qualify and are adequately muscled with proper marbling with at least 4 recognizable white hairs on their heads and a darkish color. Or any color but white, unless they are short on their quota.

I would only charge $10,000 per memo and donate a certain percentage to our scholarship fund which as you well know is important for caring for the youths who are our future. :)

O.K. we will be needing a brand of beef as well. I though "Certified Hereford/Angus Beef" of course must of what we will Actually slaughter will be Sim cross or Hereford cross Black Char.

Any other ideas?

Caustic Burno":1gn4fo2m said:
Brandonm2":1gn4fo2m said:
Alan":1gn4fo2m said:

Alan

Love it now thats funny.
SRR do you need a brand inspector, instructor so these wantabee's that Alan and Brandonm2 are consulting for don't cook the cows during branding.

Actually yes, and you would be just the man for the job!! Just please try and leave your tender heart at home. I know you have a soft spot for hobby rancher with more money then brains but you have to try and be firm with these guys!! This is business and is no place for your kind of touchy, feely, bleeding heart mentality OK?

Caustic Burno":aimpg08y said:
Dang missed the train again I can still here the whistle but its gone. If you ever decide to take the tiger girls please include the gentle epd as they are all very lovable.

Caustic,
Seems to me that your tigers could be called "brawldies" from what I here of their loving personality. But sounds like the association is going to be picky about the color. :lol:

Cowdirt":kvqyhd4m said:
Caustic Burno":kvqyhd4m said:
Dang missed the train again I can still here the whistle but its gone. If you ever decide to take the tiger girls please include the gentle epd as they are all very lovable.

Caustic,
Seems to me that your tigers could be called "brawldies" from what I here of their loving personality. But sounds like the association is going to be picky about the color. :lol:

Now hold on, if we want top start a new association for our new breed we have to be careful not to allow cross breeds in our new breed of black baldy... What good is a purebred if it's crossed? How much do I get to be in the BB brain tank?

Alan

Latest posts