The Aussie Thread

Help Support CattleToday:

Bek

Reaction score
I tried this on another forum, and so far we're at 47 pages!

Just for the Aussie posters on here, to talk about anything, eg life in general, what's going on around Australia etc etc....

Also it saves posting heaps of other different threads about goings on in aus.

Hasn't the weather been weird.

We had two fences broken from falling trees today. I just saw on the news then that there's snow in Victoria! and that tomorrow the snow might get all the way up to Armidale....

We're supposed to have more storms tonight, but I can't see that happening.

Did you see the hail in Vic too?? We've had a crappy day... windy and cold. Heard that it's 10-12 degrees down at work (Naracoorte) and meant to be something like 4 in Armidale?!

Cold!

Here we had one whole paddock that was just white! I remember walking out onto it and my feet just sinking into the hail!

Yuk!
i don't find the cold too bad but everyone else is complaining.... I just don't get it!

Not an Aussie, but I thought it was spring or summer down there

So are you doing exams right now Bek? I just finished mine yesterday... I'm free!! Not for long though, I've already been booked in at work to break in bulls :roll: Serves me right for volunteering!

Yeah I am, unfortunately...

More so not next week but the week after that with Exam Block! At the moment, I'm attempting to do a history assignment, that is just not agreeing me, and I've got an english assignment due next wednesday that we only got yesterday, its an oral to! Arrggghhhh.....Personally I'd rather be working at the moment, it's a lot less stress than school is at the moment.

I can't imagine, I'll find out in 2 &1/2 years or so, let's just say I'm not looking forward to the workload.

Yes, it's a bit hard to adjust, especially if you take a couple of years off between school.

My ag teacher reckons that I shouldnt take a year off in between.

Cause I'm doing a school based traineeship next year that will give me my Cert III in Agriculture(Beef Production) and that'll take year 11 & 12. And then he thinks once I go to Uni, which hopefully will be Emerald or Longreach, I'll only have to be doing it for 2 years or so before I'll have my diploma.

Lol I'm rambling.

Eh, rambling is good!! And we have to keep this thing going somehow.... I can't think of things to talk about!

Lol

I'm gunna have some very busy weekends. Working this weekend, next weekend, then going up to Gympie with my boss the weekend after..

I tell ya, it'd probably be easier breaking in the Dexters then it would be for you to break in the Shorthorns Carla :p

Lol, nah, Shorthorns are dead quiet!! I've only ever had one bull that I couldn't do anything with... and he went to the saleyards. Shame too, he was a bl@@dy good bull, just wanted to kill anything with two legs!!
Seriously, I love breaking in difficult ones... more sense of achievement. And they usually end up being the better parader's!
I think I've got some Limi's, Simmy's (NOT black ones!) and Welsh Blacks to break in over summer... should be good.

Cool.

I know what you mean with the difficult ones, I had a Droughtmaster heifer earlier this year, I showed her for school this year. She was absolutely nuts, I got just about hurt in every place, but we weren't gunna give up, then once we did get her right, she was good as gold.

This summer, I've got the Dexters, Angus, Herefords, Charolais & Charbray's to do( The last 3 are for the same person), and possibly Simmy's but not sure about them yet.

You know one thing I've noticed is that you barely ever see Shorthorns up here, well around this area anyway, it's a shame really, they're great animals.

Latest posts