The Artifact Thread and Memories.

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
Boy that brought back a lot of old memories. :cry2:
Sister and I have just a couple of first cousins left and one aunt and she will be a 99 this year.
Amazing how fast we can disappear out of 13 aunts and uncles one left and most first cousins gone.
We started going fast in the 80's and 90's.
Think I will make a run to the cemetery this week and visit.
Moral don't fight and fuss because you will turnaround and one day they are all gone.

CB this is so true. "Moral don't fight and fuss because you will turnaround and one day they are all gone."

I have a younger brother who when he was about 11 yr. old was walking and found a skull on Okinawa. He brought it home and it eventually got to the Univ. of Tokyo. He received a framed thanks/confirmation of his find, a 50,000 year old skull. He now has amnesia and can not retell any part of that story! He's still here but in a limited fashion.

There is an age where the immortal become mortal and the earlier we recognize it the more we appreciate life. Merry Christmas.

The thought makes me cry CB. I try and talk to my Dad every day. He's almost 88 and he's going to Mexico sailfishing in 3 weeks. He's won the tournament 3-4 times in the last 20 years.
I don't think it's a good idea, but God bless him is all I can say.

highgrit":26mrvny8 said:
The thought makes me cry CB. I try and talk to my Dad every day. He's almost 88 and he's going to Mexico sailfishing in 3 weeks. He's won the tournament 3-4 times in the last 20 years.
It might not be a good idea but if he's 88 and can go let him. Even if something happens to him wouldn't you rather him be there doing that than house bound and something happen to him then.

highgrit":1lkfrtuy said:

Not trying to dampen the day. Just trying to stress don't throw away the few we have.
Talk to him everyday I did mine . I miss mine so much you will never recover from the hole it leaves.
At times I am actually haunted by it.
Tell him to have a heII of a good time life is short enjoy the ride make a memory.
A man is not truly dead until he is forgotten doesn't matter if he is breathing or not if he is forgotten.
Mom and Dad were the youngest in their family and I was was the youngest and last grandchild.
So I have got to watch us disappear.

I am the oldest remaining in my family with a sister 4 years younger. After that nothing but a few nieces and nephews that I seldom see. Twenty years ago there was mom and dad, 5 children and worlds of their brothers, sisters and grandchildren.

Latest posts