Thanksgiving

Help Support CattleToday:

MissouriExile

Reaction score
This Red Angus Heifer Calf was born early Thanksgiving Morning.

There is nothing special about her except that she is the first calf born on our farm.

My wife and I have a lot to be thankful for.

Gracie_02.jpg

Jon

Oh, doesn't she look bright eyed and healthy. Congrats!

Alice

I am glad for you, hope there are many more to follow over the years! :clap:
Don't let Alice see it.

MissouriExile":18npjct0 said:
This Red Angus Heifer Calf was born early Thanksgiving Morning.

There is nothing special about her except that she is the first calf born on our farm.

My wife and I have a lot to be thankful for.

Gracie_02.jpg

Jon

They're all special. Congratulations.

Congrats Jon! I remember right after we started breeding reg. holsteins about 40 years ago we had a set of twins born on thanksgiving. Called one thanks and the other giving. After all those years we still get excited about a new calf. :)

Congrats

I hope I never get to where a new born calf doesn't make me smile
, I had one born yesterday afternoon and I was out last night checking on the calf and especially the mama. She went down last year from calcium deficiency and we had to give her an IV to get her back on her feet.

Yesterday was a good day, we AIed 2 cows and had one new born calf. I will be glad when 30 days pass and I can find out if the AI took or not.

dcara":2arxioos said:
What line is she out of? Not sure if its the angle of the photo, but the ears look small. Not that its a problem, just curious.

Oh, she has ears just the angle of the shot. I had to take the first photos with a 10x zoom since mom was not happy with me around. This photo turned our so nice I picked it to post.

As for line... both mom and pop (AI) are registered Red Angus but I don't have the papers handy.
I plan to keep her as a replacement heifer and haven't made up my mind yet whether I should register her.

Jon
Gracie_01.jpg

Congradulations.. she's adorable!

I also had a Thanksgiving day baby... unfortunately a breach that we worried with most of the day, but mom and baby are fine. Not my first by any stretch, but still a welcome and heartwarming sight! I named my red heifer "Cranberry".

Very beautiful!

I remember my first and it's a great thing. Sort of makes you feel like a daddy all over again. :D

This spring, I'm going to be a grand-pa from my first. Looking forward to that too...

Latest posts