Thanks you for taking me in

Help Support CattleToday:

I am from Western South Dakota between Sturgis and Spearfish. Thank you for the welcome
That's a great area. I've had experience with both the St. Onge auction and the Belle Fourche sale barn. I'd be wary of St. Onge if the same guy is running it that was there when I was. With a lot of experience in many sale barns, I can say that St. Onge was the worst run barn I've ever experienced. I wish I remembered the name, but if the guy running it now is the same one that was running it in 2007/8 then you don't want to get on his bad side, and he's easy to get on his bad side.

I bought a heavy bred, old Char cow with a funny brand thru St. Onge and when it didn't raise a decent calf I took it back there to sell. The brand inspector flagged the cow and the guy running the St. Onge auction accused me of stealing it. I had my receipt from when I bought the cow... and the receipt had a drawing of the funny brand on it... which proved I had bought the cow from that barn.

I think the sale barn had to "eat" the cow, or maybe had some other kind of repercussions. But the guy never forgave me for keeping my receipt.

Do you play poker? I get up to Deadwood at least a couple of times a year and play at Saloon #10 and Cadillac Jack's.

Latest posts