Thanks to all in my time of grieving

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
I wish to thank all of you college football fans for not giving any mention to my beloved Oregon Duck football team in their time of confusion. Yes it is true our hiesman hopful quarterback decided to go to a frat party and walk out the back door with a stolen laptop and an electric guitar... he pled guilty and recieved probation and the coach suspended him for the year (he has a redshirt season to burn). Our star running back (Pac 10 freshman of the year last season) got caught up in a domistic abuse case... he pled guilty and recieved two year probation and is suspended for the first game next year. The real story is not as bad as it sounds when you read the court documents, he got caught with another girl and his girlfreind got in his car and started running down the street with his keys he ran after her (he does like a 4.8 40) their feet got tangled she went into bark dust, he grabbed her and took his keys back. Cops came and he got arrested. (I'm not sticking up for him, but it's not like he beat the cr@p out of her, an 18 and 19 old got into a kids argument.) A back up linebacker got a DUI and plead guilty, coach suspended him for the year. 2 place kickers and one backup got into a drunken brawl, our starting kicker spent a few weeks in the hospital, all three where charged with harassment. One quit the team the starter is out for a game...... this all took place in about two weeks of hell for the fans. And yes, I changed my avatar after all this happened... if you're going to be a national power house this happens, right Tennesse, USC, Washington, etc.? (just kidding)

On the bright side, ESPN has the Ducks as number 10 without their great QB in their preseason poll (We have 2 very good back ups) an picked to win the Pac 10 again...

Oh how I love college football, even when you want to go down to Eugene and smack a couple of dumb boys around.
Alan

Yeah, and now your beloved Ducks are trying to steal our beloved Mike Anderson for your basketball coach. I'm afraid 3 million is talking loudly. gs

You mean some coaches actually suspend players for little transgressions like that? :clap:

Down here it would take AT LEAST murder to be suspended from the team. Maybe 6 months probation from the courts..........

Our future leaders. :shock:

I wouldn't be too hard on yourself or the team, Alan. I'm not condoning bad behavior, but these things happen in every major college football program, and these incidents seem to come in bunches. I know we've had our fair share of that stuff here at Illinois. Like it or not, college athletes in the major sports are in the limelight, so every little thing they do is magnified. Some are bad people, some are criminals, but most are just kids doing dumb things that kids do. There are far more such incidents involving the general student population, but we seldom hear about those.
A few months ago, here at Illinois, the police raided a party and arrested over fifty kids for underage drinking. Four were football players. Only four names ended up in the paper, and I'll bet you can guess which four.

plumber_greg":2bxyscdp said:
Yeah, and now your beloved Ducks are trying to steal our beloved Mike Anderson for your basketball coach. I'm afraid 3 million is talking loudly. gs

The Ducks have another mess on thir hands, with Their AD Mike Belloti leaving for ESPN just after firing the head BB coach... So we need an AD and a BB coach, Whichs comes first the chicken or the egg? The media is reporting every thought as fact on the possible coach to be hired, it's gotten so bad I'm refusing to listen anymore. But it does sound like they are willing to throw around big bucks. They Phil Knight.... ah ah I mean still might ( :D ) find a good one some where, Rick Adelman's name is coming up a lot and he still has ties to Oregon (his kids still live in the Portland area). But way Oregon is going about it, they are trying to buy a good coach.

Alan

merely a symptom of the times we live in.

pressure to win on the big stage forces programs to place more emphasis on athleticism than on character.

Then these character challenged athletes are given free rein and free money to do things and put themselves in bad situations.

Alan don't worry. If any of those guys lose their scholarships UT will gladly give them one. They'll fit right in down Austin way. And if they can't make it in pro football latter they can go into politics. Just pick a state, move there and run for office.

Alan, as a Beaver fan, I gota say, I am laughing my ars off at the whole mess that Uncle Phil has made of your athletic department. The scumbags on the football team make the headlines, the the real crimes have to do with the questionable funding issues that have surficed regarding Bulotti and Kent, the AD buyout, Knight Court funding suddenly becoming a Oregon Taxpayer burden, not to mention the issues with the unions, ect.The ONLY way you are going to clean the mess up, is to tell Knight to take his money and shove it.

Rangenerd":2oo3lt9u said:
Alan, as a Beaver fan, I gota say, I am laughing my ars off at the whole mess that Uncle Phil has made of your athletic department. The scumbags on the football team make the headlines, the the real crimes have to do with the questionable funding issues that have surficed regarding Bulotti and Kent, the AD buyout, Knight Court funding suddenly becoming a Oregon Taxpayer burden, not to mention the issues with the unions, ect.The ONLY way you are going to clean the mess up, is to tell Knight to take his money and shove it.

This is the kind of post I was thanking folks for not giving me (Tounge in cheek BTW) I am a bit of a Beaver fan also... since the days of the Great Pumkin (do you know who that is without searching the net). If you need to jump forward a few years, were you a Beaver fan in the days of Dennis Erickson.... you remember all the convicts he recruited? they always lead the Pac 10 in penalties. Phil Knight is a great man.... do you think he just doing this for the Ducks to be a nice guy or do you think Nike may need some tax write offs in the form of donations? I'll be happy to have a conversation, but acting like a 12 yr old kid and name calling isn't going to cut it. The great Pumkin would not have allowed it either. One of the main reasons I love my Ducks (since the days of Chris Miller, (I hope I'm not going back too far for you) is they have consistantly had one of the nations highest graduation rates with their football players.

Alan

Being a neighbor of yours (Idaho) and having my wife and inlaws from your neighborhood I'm familiar with the Ducks. This new coach almost impressed me last year when he suspended that piece of trash Blount for the season. I took back all of the bad things I said about Oregon being trashy. Then they reinstated him, the respect level fell. On a side note there are two Ducks from right around my area here in Idaho and I do watch them and hope they do well and their team loses. Email the Ducks and tell them to put some class back in their program.

best wishes

Beef11":2qyhjbr5 said:
Being a neighbor of yours (Idaho) and having my wife and inlaws from your neighborhood I'm familiar with the Ducks. This new coach almost impressed me last year when he suspended that piece of trash Blount for the season. I took back all of the bad things I said about Oregon being trashy. Then they reinstated him, the respect level fell. On a side note there are two Ducks from right around my area here in Idaho and I do watch them and hope they do well and their team loses. Email the Ducks and tell them to put some class back in their program.

best wishes

Huh, I think I sense a Bronco fan..... The two things I hate about Boise State, second reason first they play one of the weakest schedules in the nation and get way too much respect. Now the biggest reason I hate them the smurf turf makes me want to puke, fields are suppose to be green not nion blue.

Alan

redfornow":1dsqvuus said:
Alan":1dsqvuus said:
2 place kickers and one backup got into a drunken brawl

Wow you have kickers that fight?
No wonder you all are top ten.....

Boy ain't that the truth, it seems like you can't be a good national team without having the recruit the criminal element. I read yesterday that we accepted a transfer from the Longhorns, a DB who got suspended for the year for a DUI last year with the horns. He'll red shirt and come in in 2011 as a sophomore..... I hope Chip Kelly has a tight leash this year, enough embarrassment between Blount and Masoli to last a few seasons.

Alan

Latest posts