Thanks Bob Barker

Help Support CattleToday:

hayray":2l383pbx said:
CKC1586":2l383pbx said:
So, is this guy any good??

Former Iowa Gov. Tom Vilsack has been confirmed by the U.S. Senate to be the secretary of agriculture in the new Obama administration.
He is a trial lawyer background and has no background in Agriculture. He was most likely picked because Iowa is the first primary, or caucaus -whatever that state holds. Another joke and payback from the Obama administration. And his pick for AG is a anti-constitutionalists, just as radical in that matter as Cass Sunstein.
Thanks. I read this:
http://beefmagazine.com/government/0122 ... riculture/

and wondered if any "real" people knew anything about him.

thanks for the link, I read it and it was just a political mumbo jumbo - he supports good nutrition - good god, I must be qualified then to be the USDA secreatary.

hayray":15p8y0ao said:
thanks for the link, I read it and it was just a political mumbo jumbo - he supports good nutrition - good god, I must be qualified then to be the USDA secreatary.
Kinda what I thought. :? I don't know what it would take to get real down to earth working folks into some of these political positions, if they are when they start out seems that by the time they get there they have become polluted or the media has chewed them up and spit them out in little bitty pieces.
Guess I have wandered off a ways from Bob Barker..... sorry. :tiphat:

CKC1586":2v4fn2xq said:
Guess I have wandered off a ways from Bob Barker..... sorry. :tiphat:

No problem, I posted the non-Bob Barker stuff, so, no biggie.

I just think that sometimes we need to see who is 'in charge' so to speak. It doesn't hurt for us to know who is being appointed into positions of big decision making that can/will affect us ag/animal folks.

Katherine

Latest posts