Big Thanks to Denvermartinfarms

Help Support CattleToday:

stocky

Reaction score
I lost a couple of new calves born in the sub-0 temps and 12 inches of snow a few nights ago and my neighbor lost one, also. The sales close to here are closed due to weather and I was needing 3 calves to put on these cows. Did not want to let them go without. I called Denver and he went to the sale close to him and bought 3 excellent black calves for me. It is an hour and 20 minute drive and there was no way I could get there for the 11am start and still do all my feeding. I got there for the last the last few weigh cows and Denver had the calves ready for me to pay and load. All three calves are with their new mothers in trailers and all three were sucking before dark. Thanks again for a huge favor.

All that comes to mind is WOW, :tiphat: Good man Denver, it will come back to you. Nice post.

Alan

He might not buy and sell thousands like some. But he's a good guy all the same.
Glad it worked out for both of you. :tiphat:

Great to hear! Sorry you lost a few, that was a wicked storm! I am sure if we had not pulled our youngest in the barn we would have lost one or more!

Dittos here!
It is heart warming to hear of friends helping friends and neighbors helping neighbors.
And now for some jocularity.
Re:
I lost a couple of new calves born in the sub-0 temps and 12 inches of snow a few nights ago

Sounds like SL needs to come back over here and expound on " proper winter shelter in snow country" again. :lol: :lol:

Liz

NCLiz 3":319smexf said:
Dittos here!
It is heart warming to hear of friends helping friends and neighbors helping neighbors.
Re:
I lost a couple of new calves born in the sub-0 temps and 12 inches of snow a few nights ago

Sounds like SL needs to come back over here and expound on " proper winter shelter in snow country" again. :lol: :lol:

Liz
Way to ruin a good thread.

Stocky and Denver, this was a happy ending! If you guys don't mind, what do beef babies cost right now? Do you guys have a lot to pick from, or just a handful available?

Troll":20pn9zhv said:
NCLiz 3":20pn9zhv said:
Dittos here!
Re:

Liz
Way to ruin a good thread.
Like a fart in a space suit. Why does he/she find something negative in this? Turd in the punch bowl; nothing more or less

Latest posts