Thank you

Help Support CattleToday:

jgn

Reaction score
I just want to take this chance to thank all of you for most of the posting you do. I have learned a wealth of information through this sight, much so I don't think I would have learned without being here. With that said I informed my father-inlaw last week I was ready to sell and get out of the cattle business. We are in halves on them. Should all be sold by the end of next week after the cow sale at the adjoining county stockyard. They all run on his farm and between him and the 2 neighbors all three of which won't put up new fence I am tired of chasing neighbors cows back out and my cows back in. I will not have to leave everyday wondering and worrying about if my cows are where they should be. It was always a lifelong dream for me to be able to have some cattle and raise them and this was one of the saddest decisions I've ever made but it's got to be. Once again thanks to all of those willing to share your knowledge and hope as many other people learn as much from you as I have in the last five years. Thank You, sincerely and best wishes Greg.

Dang Greg,
Hate to hear it. Guess it goes to show partnerships with Family and friends dont mix too well.Think things through real well before you sell out.

Crowder I didn't have any problems with our partnership it's just that my F/L and the neighbor are old enough they're not going to spend thousands of dollars to put up fence. Believe me I have thought a lot on my decision. Some things just don't work out as you wish.

The first thought that comes to mind is that if you're the youngster of the group you're still going to be chasing cows. Just that now they won;t be yours

dun

its sad to see you sale out.knowing how much you want cattle an enjoy them.its hard when your father in law is old an dont want to build new fences,but heres an idea wht cant you build the fences yourself.i dont know why he would care if you replaced them.

that's what I was thinking why can't you build the fences needed. but if that is not possible, you don't have to leave the forum, you can still post and read. Take care regards Chris.

Latest posts