Thank you for locking that thread

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad too but it did reaffirm my decision to stop buying show calves at the sales. Two years straight and not even a thank you note. Now I understand the problem. :(

I am still getting nasty PM's from the little girl, and I didn't even say anything to her!

And for the record, for anyone who may give a flop and doesn't know it, I am a woman, not an old man. :D :shock: ;-)

Makes me want to hug my kids and my parents.

Lammie":38ffcm08 said:
I am still getting nasty PM's from the little girl, and I didn't even say anything to her!

And for the record, for anyone who may give a flop and doesn't know it, I am a woman, not an old man. :D :shock: ;-)

hmmmmm, that's not good...that's not good at all.

Alice

Lammie":2h5fxxa8 said:

are you saying she is still sending you nasty p.m.s after her atttempt to clean the slate?

My apologies to the good folks on this board who were offended by my responses.

i think we just need to put this mess behind us. Lammie, if you are still getting bad pm send a note to the mod with the emails.
See what they can do.

Lammie":1ukfp26i said:

I guess we got our answer that her little apology was just a ruse, to get back in everyones good graces. Leopards no matter how young they are don't change their spots. She needs to either stop posting on the forum or grow up, and hang with others her own age, I mean what is a 14 yr old kid doing on a grown up farm forum anyways?

GMN

Jogeephus":14e2d6bu said:
I'm glad too but it did reaffirm my decision to stop buying show calves at the sales. Two years straight and not even a thank you note. Now I understand the problem. :(

I have a pasture full of them I used to make a trip every year to a sale on the Coast with Camp. They have a commercial sale that the kids take commercial heifers raise and show and the Cattlemen buy every calf to help the kids.
I haven't bought one in four years now keep getting the invitation to the sale every year, it just passed. When the invitation comes now I just throw it in the trash.
I donated a Reg Simm heifer to a little girl that didn't have the money and bought the calf back at the sale as a 14 month old for 2500 to help the kid. I never got a Thank you or Kiss my butt from that girl, or from several in the previous years.
I don't buy them anymore as well.

Caustic Burno":2j2khqti said:
Jogeephus":2j2khqti said:

I have a pasture full of them I used to make a trip every year to a sale on the Coast with Camp. They have a commercial sale that the kids take commercial heifers raise and show and the Cattlemen buy every calf to help the kids.
I haven't bought one in four years now keep getting the invitation to the sale every year, it just passed. When the invitation comes now I just throw it in the trash.
I donated a Reg Simm heifer to a little girl that didn't have the money and bought the calf back at the sale as a 14 month old for 2500 to help the kid. I never got a Thank you or Kiss my butt from that girl, or from several in the previous years.

That is a shame. Didn't it use to be a kid got a calf a baby from the parents, an animal from the herd, halter trained it, and showed it at the fair, how did it get to be so complicated and expensive.

GMN

When I first saw her post that eventually got locked I thought boy is she in for a broadside over this one. After the post got locked yesterday I sent her a PM with my take on what she had said. In return I received a couple of pretty good replies. She is a 14 year old girl with a few problems. So name me some 14 year olds who don't have a few problems. Heck, name me some 55 year old men who don't have a few problems. What she did was make the mistake of airing her frustration in public in a less than prefect manner. As for her being on an adult discussion board. I didn't know this was an adult only board and how much is she going to learn on a 14 year old cattle discussion board? My bet is she will be a little more careful with her choice of words in the future. So a good thing happened here. A 14 year old learned something that will be useful to her in life. Choose your words wisely, they generally don't taste good when you have to eat them.

GMN":11c7cgab said:
That is a shame. Didn't it use to be a kid got a calf a baby from the parents, an animal from the herd, halter trained it, and showed it at the fair, how did it get to be so complicated and expensive.

GMN

The parents with big bucks got involved...their kids can't be losers, by dam! :(

And that's just my 2 cents.

Alice

Rockridgecattle, what you said...

Dave, what you said...

I agree wholeheartedly.

Alice

Lammie":6vcqg5g3 said:

UGH STOP! i did not send you nasty pm's. you just making it that way. your the only one who said that. kinda funny eveybody else got it worked out. and im sorry you sounded like an old grouchy man.

and GMN i hope you mean grown up forum for people acting like a grown up, and if its not...sinse when is this a grown up forum?!?!

and Jogeephus, i sent a thank you to all 4 of the people i got my show cattle from!

and CB that was awful nice of you to do that for that girl. im very sorry that you didnt get a thank you. you can garentee you would have got one from me!

thank you Dave!! and im 15 :D

WHY would LAMMIE say that nasty PM's were being sent to their mailbox if it was not true??
I do not see the logic in making a statement like that,??
is there more to the story than I see?
i truely question the remorse of this little girl, but i am going to give her the benifit of the doubt.
i base my PERSONAL opinion on what my 16 yr old grandaughter said when she read some of the things cattlover18 wrote!
"grampa why is that girl so bitter? does she really think she is the center of the universe, like paris hilton does?"
i did not have an answer to that!

Dave":2f8qpc2j said:
When I first saw her post that eventually got locked I thought boy is she in for a broadside over this one. After the post got locked yesterday I sent her a PM with my take on what she had said. In return I received a couple of pretty good replies. She is a 14 year old girl with a few problems. So name me some 14 year olds who don't have a few problems. Heck, name me some 55 year old men who don't have a few problems. What she did was make the mistake of airing her frustration in public in a less than prefect manner. As for her being on an adult discussion board. I didn't know this was an adult only board and how much is she going to learn on a 14 year old cattle discussion board? My bet is she will be a little more careful with her choice of words in the future. So a good thing happened here. A 14 year old learned something that will be useful to her in life. Choose your words wisely, they generally don't taste good when you have to eat them.

I agree Dave. I have been 'talking' with cattleluvr18, also, and I have gotten some good replies from her as well. I'm not excusing what she said about her parents, but have none of you ever said anything you regretted before? I know I have sure have. It's over, she learned her lesson, so how about if we cut her a little slack, and move on?

Caustic Burno":bd0cv9rv said:
Jogeephus":bd0cv9rv said:

Caustic, you have no idea how much I want to thank you. I did not grow up on a property, my parents didn't have a herd from which I could get a calf from, and they didn't have money to buy me one either. I went to a public school which had an excellent ag program. When I was there we were the only public school in NSW to have a cattle team. The rest were private schools who went out and bought all their steers. Every single one of our steers were donated by local farmers. They were not always the best steers - but it didn't matter. The local breeders that had their own registered breeding stock, also supported us by allowing us to come along and help them at the shows. Often we didn't get to lead a winner - a lot of the time we didn't even get to lead the animals in the show ring, the owner did. But we didn't complain. In fact, we thanked the breeders with cards and gifts and always expressed our appreciation. Many of my mates who went through this program with me are now working for these people, or have secured jobs through them. We all remain in contact with them, and regularly catch up.

Before I started showing cattle I reckon I was a bit like cattleluvr. I was a brat of a kid. Best thing I ever did was sign up for the cattle program. What I learnt went beyond cattle handling and husbandry, I finally got some sense, some manners and some morals knocked into me. And made me who I am, it gave me direction in life and it has led to my working in the livestock industries.

Caustic, I'm so so sorry that you never got any thanks for what you have done. Allow me to thank you ten times over, in her place. But please realise that acts like this really can have an affect on a young person, and that we are not all like the girl you wanted to help.

Caustic and others, please don't let these instances of disrespect discourage you from helping out the young people in the industry. I am what and who I am today because of the support of older cattlemen. I do all I can to help the younger kids in my district, and will continue to do so. Now I am involved with goats, I have realised there is a complete and utter lack of youth support in this industry, which I am striving to change.

Sorry for this very long post. As you can probably tell it is something I am extremely passionate about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts