Texasbred how good is this for feed

Help Support CattleToday:

ez14":3msu2p5x said:
http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/grd/5635678195.html is it a good price?

It wouldn't hurt to feed them some of any of these. Biggest potential problem is choking on the larger turnips or beets and the fact that they will be about 80% water (silage is about 65%) so there won't be a lot of dry matter in them but they are digestible, contain some protein and energy and cows love them. $10 sounds check until you remember you're only getting about 400 lbs. of dry matter from a ton but still not prohibitive. You might have to sit on the tailgate with your pocket knife cutting them in half and hand feeding. ;-)

Later in the summer I usually have a lot of pears to get rid of. I take protein tubs of pears down to the cows. I take a machete and just chop them up while they're in the tub, then dump. If I see some large ones on the ground, I chop them before the cows get to them.

Ive been getting a few buckets of apples right now off the trees and I have about 4 or 5 that love them. I just cut slices off and toss them down. When the figs get ripe in a few weeks they will get down right nasty with each other to be the first one to get the sweet treats

Latest posts