Texas gets some rain?

Help Support CattleToday:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
085313.gif

ECI8.JPG

good luck

Yes,so do I ALACOWMAN,but I suppose ole mother nature will do as she pleases,dont hafta worry about running stock outa the creek bottoms this year,drought fixed that.
good luck

Friday,a guy at work said he got an inch of rain..It was a spot about 10 acres around.nobody else got any.

Last I heard the think only had 50 mph winds. Hardly more than a breeze. But hopefully it's loaded with good rain. We're dry but South Texas is really dry.

I think they are calling for 90 MPH wind by land fall. You better tie your hat down.
This could be a bad storm. If you are in its path you better get ready.

If they remain at 90 mph or increase there will definitely be some damange. Right now I'd sacrifice a few trees for some good soaking rain. If not many of them are going to die anyway.

I got about three inches of rain last, when was it? Tuesday. It was really nice. I was thinking about if we could get that kinda soaking once a week or so for a while. It really did miracles around here. My pasture turned green and my yard didn't hurt to walk on!

I know it's dry south of us. I noticed the difference in Hill County alone, and that's right next to us. My step son lives on the Gulf Coast of Texas. He's used to this kind of thing. I hope there's no more damage. Especially to refineries. Ouch.

alabama":1v0fpnk2 said:
I think they are calling for 90 MPH wind by land fall. You better tie your hat down.

We have seen that already this year and we see it here practically every year. 30 year shingles are only warranted for 7 years here. It is kind of nice to get a little rain when we get those spring storms. It all just sort of goes hand and hand. We will take the 90 mph winds and lose a few trees. Better than losing everything to drought.

What we don't see is the storm surge and high tides. I lived through Hurricane Carla on the Texas coast and know all about what it is like.

We've missed out on so many rain opportunities lately that I won't believe it till I pour it out of the guage. Hope everyone fairs well.

1982vett":1qgekfyh said:
We've missed out on so many rain opportunities lately that I won't believe it till I pour it out of the guage. Hope everyone fairs well.

I know it's dry down your way. I have been out south of here lately and it is a whole lot more dry there than here, and we're dry. We were like that two summers ago. Rain everywhere but here. Hopefully you can get something out of this storm. Looks like I am out of range.

It's pretty much the same situation in central Texas... spotty rain, not much anywhere. We had 2/10ths about 10 days ago, and about 1/2 an inch last weekend, but with the dry wind, it doesn't last long.

Just watched the weather.. they are predicting landfall north of Corpus now.. and my understanding is if it lands north of CC, we have a very good chance of some substantial accumulation. We also only have a 40% chance right now.

I spent Saturday dozing out one end of the stock tank to prevent the cows getting stuck in the muck.

C'mon Dolly!

TheBullLady":3ojksqzc said:
Just watched the weather.. they are predicting landfall north of Corpus now.. and my understanding is if it lands north of CC, we have a very good chance of some substantial accumulation. We also only have a 40% chance right now.
Wich station lied to you last night? :lol2: Already getting a good 17 mph ESE wind out of it and the clouds are smeary and pink as the sun is going down. Looks like all we are going to get is the wind.

Every rain event for the last two months has missed us. The whole area is very dry....but my place especially. I've seen it rain north of us....then get a sprinkle....only to see it reform south of us and really let go. We are really dry. I sure hope I get a little bit out of this, but I fear it's all going to past us by.

jcummins":14u6zwld said:
Every rain event for the last two months has missed us. The whole area is very dry....but my place especially. I've seen it rain north of us....then get a sprinkle....only to see it reform south of us and really let go. We are really dry. I sure hope I get a little bit out of this, but I fear it's all going to past us by.

Sounds like you could be my neighbor, but Trinity is about 90 miles NE of us. Count is 8/10 inch in 67 days

I wanted to double check my facts before I posted. Earlier today forcast was 80% chance of rain tomorrow. Now its only 60%. 70% tomorrow night and 60% Friday. We really need the rain here.

Walt

I think weather men and Presidents have a whole lot in common.

Yesterday a big blob of rain…on the radar…was headed my way. I even got a call from a person who was in it, and said, it's headed your way, you're going to get your rain. Not a drop fell here. And that's the way it's been for the last three months.

70% chance today….for some reason I just don't have any hope. I do hope…I'm wrong.

jcummins":26vxrgqy said:
Yesterday a big blob of rain…on the radar…was headed my way. I even got a call from a person who was in it, and said, it's headed your way, you're going to get your rain. Not a drop fell here. And that's the way it's been for the last three months.

70% chance today….for some reason I just don't have any hope. I do hope…I'm wrong.

I hope you're wrong too. I hope you get a good steady soaker.

We are dry as a popcorn fart here too. The only reason we will have any hay is because we have irrigation water.

Latest posts