Texas gets some rain?

Help Support CattleToday:

It got very black here about 6:00 last night but no rain.....course when it rained 40 days and nights on old Noah we only got about a quarter inch. :cry2:

Here the temps are down a little but the humidity is way up. No rain but we are not as bad off as the hill country just south of here. Those folks need some help.

Well....had another large green blob on radar headed my way. Some time later, that green blob kind of encircled me. Rained in Trinity, 8 miles east, but not here. Appreas it missed us again. It just falls apart before it gets to us. Anyone close if they did get some rain, don't think it was much.

jcummins":6xuw2j3i said:
Yesterday a big blob of rain…on the radar…was headed my way. I even got a call from a person who was in it, and said, it's headed your way, you're going to get your rain. Not a drop fell here. And that's the way it's been for the last three months.

70% chance today….for some reason I just don't have any hope. I do hope…I'm wrong.

To speak of the rain is not to know it. When it starts looking rainy around here, we are forbidden to speak of it. I think it jinxes it. :D Once it starts, I just stand at the window and ask The Lord to make it last a little longer.

1982vett":1yx4rpl4 said:
But not here.

On the way to Glen Rose last night it was mighty stormy looking. Wind whipped up the dust, looked like West Texas. Hard to see the road at times. I guess they got a good little shower west of Cleburne, but not anyplace else I saw. Certainly not at my house. I had rain last week. I can't complain. Got a good little rain last week.

I sure do hope you get some rain. It's awful dry the farther south you go from here. I might wash the truck today and tempt fate. We have some nice cloud cover today while I was out doing chores, and a humid south wind. It helped. I'm still a sweat monster, though, and I am not even close to being done out there. Came in to take a break and eat me a peach for breakfast. Good Parker County peach.

"" I might wash the truck today and tempt fate. We have some nice cloud cover today while I was out doing chores, and a humid south wind. It helped. I'm still a sweat monster, though, and I am not even close to being done out there. ""

Good idea, everyone on this board from Texas, go wash your trucks.

Sweat....I know it well...can't even wear my glasses when doing anything serious...can't see.

I'd sure be willing to share some of the rain with ya all! Too bad that wasn't possible!! Here in northern Ontario summer has been wet. If August continues as the rest of the summer has been it will have been the wettest in quite some time. No wonder the weeds and I have been sparring in the garden and it does not appear that I will win the fight!!!! :(

Well we finally got wet. Rained 3 out of the last 4 days. total .5 in doesn't sound like a lot but around here it is. They are telling us it came off the hurricaine that hit Texas, so we thank you for sending it our way. Of course no we need to cut hay so it will rain every day.

I DON'T CARE LET IT RAIN, AND THANK GOD FOR IT.

Anyone from Texas get any rain last night or yesterday? I got a little shower yesterday morning but the heavier rains didn't get this way. I sure was hoping to get some of the storms last night. I guess they petered out before they got here. I left the windows down on the truck and everything.

I am doing my part. I washed the truck. And the windows are down. And I parked under a tree. It's starting to get cloudy out there now!!!!

Yall run and wash your vehicles!!!

Latest posts