Texas fence line feeder

Help Support CattleToday:

cowboy43

Reaction score
Just read all the post on fenceline hunters, I just found a deer corn feeder on my fence line on their side of fence, it is 10 acres on their side with no trees, they are renters and have junked the place up, one is on parol , it is set in 90 degree in between my place and the other neighbor it is about 50 ft off other neighbors property line , it is set like in the bend of a L , he is shooting into the bend of the L , the shot can only go into my place or neighbor. But it Texas the feeder can be put on the property line and I can not do anything about it.

Cowboy I did find this: http://recenter.tamu.edu/pdf/570.pdf

Discharging Firearms Across Property Lines

Property owners and hunters alike should be aware of a change to Section 62.0121 of the Texas Parks and
Wildlife Code effective September 1, 2005. The new law makes it a Class C Parks and Wildlife misdemeanor to "knowingly discharge" a firearm while hunting or engaging in recreational shooting when the projectile travels across a property line. A Class C Parks and Wildlife misdemeanor is punishable
by a fine not less than $25 ormore than $500. The discharge across a property line is permissible as long as the same person owns the property on both sides of the line or has written permission from the other owner to fire on, over or across the property. The written agreement must contain the following:
• name of the person or persons allowed to hunt or engage in recreational shooting,
• identification of the property on either side of the property line and
• signature of the property owner whose land the projectile crosses.

It's a law but doesn't seem to carry much punishment if you break it.

Latest posts