Texas Fall/winter calving delayed?

Help Support CattleToday:

FCR

Reaction score
Anyone from Texas notice a significant delay in calving this last fall? We usually start calving in October and have a good crop by late December but hardly anything this year and just starting to calve here in February. I've been hearing the same from others in this area. If you work back, the February 2021 freeze might have had a big impact. I've been told it could set back bull fertility by 3 months which seems to work out but I wasn't aware of this. Thoughts?

Anyone from Texas notice a significant delay in calving this last fall? We usually start calving in October and have a good crop by late December but hardly anything this year and just starting to calve here in February. I've been hearing the same from others in this area. If you work back, the February 2021 freeze might have had a big impact. I've been told it could set back bull fertility by 3 months which seems to work out but I wasn't aware of this. Thoughts?
Everything I have is coming late, but the ones due now are not bull bred so I'm not sure what is going on. My bucker embryos are coming from 10-25 days late it seems. The brahman was a week late but that's within the acceptable range

Latest posts