Texas Embryo transfer services/

Help Support CattleToday:

soonerboy

Reaction score
Does anybody have a list or suggestions as for the best and most economical embryo facilities in Texas or Oklahoma?

redluv":1sekfp2p said:
There's 2 Trans Ova's in Texas and one in Oklahoma.

if you want a good conception rate, go elsewhere, i had a cow down there that i only got 5% with

eric47847":2g2c5xe7 said:
redluv":2g2c5xe7 said:

if you want a good conception rate, go elsewhere, i had a cow down there that i only got 5% with
Really? We've had good luck with them, but we went to the Iowa one...

redluv":2efhrxm6 said:
eric47847":2efhrxm6 said:
redluv":2efhrxm6 said:

thats why, there in iowa, they actually know what they are doing. anyway, my friend down in texas says that the one in centerville is now closed, phones shut off and everything.

soonerboy":322slk8l said:
Does anybody have a list or suggestions as for the best and most economical embryo facilities in Texas or Oklahoma?

According to what I've been told, the BEST is supposed to be Dr. Brad Stroud at Stroud Veterinary Embryo Services in Weatherford, TX. I rather doubt he is also the "most economical" though!

George

eric47847":2r95ushw said:
thats why, there in iowa, they actually know what they are doing. anyway, my friend down in texas says that the one in centerville is now closed, phones shut off and everything.

When did they shut down? I've talked to people there within the last few weeks. Also, talked with the representative out of Crescent, OK in the last week or so.

I have used OvaGenix, but not sure exactly what work Dr. Looney did with the 2 we had flushed through them, as the work was done in Palestine, and was extremely unhappy with that entire experience.

Ryan

redluv":1nf4681r said:
eric47847":1nf4681r said:
redluv":1nf4681r said:

Was everthing ok with the cow :?:

eric47847":2ekihioj said:

Just got off the phone with Kimberly at TransOva in Centerville. Since she answered, they are obviously still open. The Centerville location is still open and running as usual. What has happened is the Abernathy location has changed some. It is still a day facility for TransOva, they go there for one week out of the month to do work. The Abernathy location no longer houses donors.

Also, the Centerville location no longer uses some old telephone numbers, so your friend might of had an old number that is no longer in use.

Ryan

Latest posts