Texas calf loss during blizzard?

Help Support CattleToday:

We heard the same basic thing @kenny thomas ; auctioneer friend said if we have any cull cows they need to be gone this week as prices will fall once the cull cows can be gotten out and sold. With all the crappy weather there were fewer cattle sold in the last 2-3 weeks.... so a "shortage". I saw where cull cows were in the 50's -60's and some a little higher. We shipped all the cull cows 3 weeks ago just before it got crummy weather; got this last group that is going to get checked on Thursday if we can get them out of the pasture... hoping that it dries up some this week like they are saying....Probably going to ship steers this coming Friday 5wts +.

I didn't lose anything. By the Grace of God, we didn't have any broken pipes either. I fed extra hay for a week. Big deal. We had extra grass coming into the fall this year and the cows weren't eating nearly the amount of hay they normally eat until now.

My fear is I just read Forage Fax and we may have lost Bermuda grass. Time will tell as we enter the spring. Hopefully by April we will see it re-greening and growing.