Texas A & M

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
So neighbor B's daughter will be an incoming freshman at A & M this fall. They flew down there on Tuesday. Something about signing up for classes for next fall. B called last night about some heifers I need to move here on Friday. I asked if he was having fun in Texas. He replied that they could turn down the temperature and the humidity. If you guys down there could do something about that it would be appreciated. I think they are flying back up here on Friday.

Tell her....you ain't seen nuthin yet....
She didn't appear concerned about it. Dad on the other hand wasn't thrilled especially about the humidity. Here in the high desert where he was born and raised 50 is considered pretty high humidity. Here right now it is 73 degrees with the humidity at 32. A nice comfortable day.

That's strange...
I always thought Brazos County humidity was pretty dang mild compared to where I live now..

Not far from 90° right now in deep East Tx.

current temp.jpg

That's strange...
I always thought Brazos County humidity was pretty dang mild compared to where I live now..

Not far from 90° right now in deep East Tx.

View attachment 4653
I'll see your humidity and raise you average temperature.... Steaming in those pine trees up and down I45 are no fun for sure. I lived in BCS for 21 years and it always felt hotter than out here in the country. At least we usually have a breeze blowing without the added heat being reflected from the pavement and buildings.

We will hit over 100 some during July and August. But it cools off at night down to the upper 50's and the humidity stays low. Live in an area with 10 inch annual rain fall it is hard to get the humidity up very high.

We will hit over 100 some during July and August. But it cools off at night down to the upper 50's and the humidity stays low. Live in an area with 10 inch annual rain fall it is hard to get the humidity up very high.
That was the great thing about working in west Texas. You only have a few hours there during the day that got hot. The mornings until 1pm or so and evening after 5pm were still very nice... and that was only July and Aug. The rest of the year was cool. 110 with out humidity is not bad at all for us. I use to always joke with the guys out there that you dont know hot until it's in the 70s and you are drenched in swet.

Latest posts