Texans

Help Support CattleToday:

CottageFarm":1zasyquj said:
Sounds like a fine idea to me, Waco.

I do think blooming grove is worse than Frost, but dont forget to add Italy too.
I do believe Lott is the worst Ive seen ...so far anyway.

Lott is the worst and the cops are crooked they put higher speeds hoping you won't notice. The women who work city hall where you go to pay are rude hags. I use to deliver defensive driving slips to them several times I wanted to tell that B where to go. Riesel is not far behind Lott.

cowboy43":3utsz3jx said:
Texas is so big a region can be as big as some states.

I suppose it is one of your bigger states, in fact it's big enough it would practically make a respectably sized province! :lol:

Texas is 660 miles wide , and 770 miles long, it is so big their is 5 different accents in tx. My family came from Tenn and Miss, in the 1800's my uncles and mother had that real southern accent. My ancestors owned plantations, they owned slaves and fought in the Cival war , they came to tx. After the war. I am proud of my southern and tx. heritage, it really concerns me that our heritage is being taken away from us.
I saw a picture of the White House with the caption, Built By Slaves so should we tear it down?

cowboy43":vafem5g4 said:
Texas is 660 miles wide , and 770 miles long, it is so big their is 5 different accents in tx. My family came from Tenn and Miss, in the 1800's my uncles and mother had that real southern accent. My ancestors owned plantations, they owned slaves and fought in the Cival war , they came to tx. After the war. I am proud of my southern and tx. heritage, it really concerns me that our heritage is being taken away from us.
I saw a picture of the White House with the caption, Built By Slaves so should we tear it down?

Don't know if we should tear the white house down or not myself. But the name white house sure sounds racist to me, it probably needs to be painted grey.

cowboy43":1um8n5vu said:

He// I can find that many accents (or drawls) within 15 miles of me. Some you can hardly understand. Now lets be sure and convert this to a political thread.

Williamson County. Ranch I have worked on for 40 plus years is in the final stage of being sold! I have had a good run, getting close to 70 years old, lots of fun, memories, hard work, and pleasure. Going to miss checking the herd, riding fences, not going to miss fixing frozen busted water pipes, and never cared much for hauling hay. RT

R.T.":3ceqqfy6 said:
Williamson County. Ranch I have worked on for 40 plus years is in the final stage of being sold! I have had a good run, getting close to 70 years old, lots of fun, memories, hard work, and pleasure. Going to miss checking the herd, riding fences, not going to miss fixing frozen busted water pipes, and never cared much for hauling hay. RT
Kick back and relax a bit RT.

TexasBred":36hwy9ay said:
R.T.":36hwy9ay said:
Kick back and relax a bit RT.

You've earned it.

The Hubbard cops will get you to. Always a different one because they can't keep a police force. They had a gal there a couple months ago that had super model looks. It was almost worth it to get pulled over by her. Almost

I am scattered with one place in Limestone county close to Mart, two places in Navarro county close to Dawson and one in Hill county close to Bynum. To top it off, my permanent home is in Johnson county just south of Ft worth. I put a lot of miles on the old truck

I recently drove up to the Stephenville area for an ultrasound training, which is one of the only parts of Texas I'd never been to. I think Clifton/Meridian is one of the prettiest places around. I saw the speed trap sign in Rosebud and made sure to slow down.

fenceman":aq2cn39o said:
TexasBred":aq2cn39o said:
cowboy43":aq2cn39o said:
Lockhart is the Bar B Que capital of Tx. Has 3 of the best joins , Yes I have eaten a lot at Luling City Market, also one of the best, :cboy:

Cowboy get with the Fenceman. His wife "Knows BBQ". :mrgreen: :hide: I need to get down that way. I hear every BBQ place in those towns is out of this world. I'm about 15 miles out of Hico, Texas in Hamilton County.
backhoeboogie":aq2cn39o said:
About 50 miles west southwest of Fort Worth.

Kenny I aint far enough away.

Have met 11 people in person from CT through the years. They've all been good, except one. Haven't seen her on here in a long time. Maybe she got herself an upgrade. I didn't want the job.

You boys are in quarterhoss country.
The bbq is good around here.
But a man good kill himself in hico, between the koffee kup kafe, and that little chocolate shop across the street.
Tb you ain't kin to brushy Bill are you. ;-) :mrgreen:

Wes Hardin is in my lineage.

Cowboy get with the Fenceman. His wife "Knows BBQ". :mrgreen: :hide: I need to get down that way. I hear every BBQ place in those towns is out of this world. I'm about 15 miles out of Hico, Texas in Hamilton County.[/quote]
backhoeboogie":ppc1xhv3 said:
About 50 miles west southwest of Fort Worth.

Kenny I aint far enough away.

Have met 11 people in person from CT through the years. They've all been good, except one. Haven't seen her on here in a long time. Maybe she got herself an upgrade. I didn't want the job.

You boys are in quarterhoss country.
The bbq is good around here.
But a man good kill himself in hico, between the koffee kup kafe, and that little chocolate shop across the street.
Tb you ain't kin to brushy Bill are you. ;-) :mrgreen:[/quote]

Wes Hardin is in my lineage.[/quote]

Dam boogie, brushy Bill was just a little mean.
Wes Hardin was a psychopath. :cboy:

ricebeltrancher":23u074re said:
I recently drove up to the Stephenville area for an ultrasound training, which is one of the only parts of Texas I'd never been to. I think Clifton/Meridian is one of the prettiest places around. I saw the speed trap sign in Rosebud and made sure to slow down.

Stephenville is a tainted town as far as I am concerned got a DIL from there.
Almost wished I would have made the boy take the scholarship to UCLA, Rice versus Tarleton.
Son finally got wise enough to cut that pecan pie eating (bad word )loose.

Caustic Burno":320plxlm said:
Lockhart and Luling both have great BBQ make it a point to visit a couple
every year on a deer hunt out that way.
I need to get down there and sample them. Have eaten at Cooper's in Llano and it's pretty good but those in Lockhart and Luling are suppose to be the best.

TexasBred":1d40lrxk said:
Caustic Burno":1d40lrxk said:
Lockhart and Luling both have great BBQ make it a point to visit a couple
every year on a deer hunt out that way.
I need to get down there and sample them. Have eaten at Cooper's in Llano and it's pretty good but those in Lockhart and Luling are suppose to be the best.

Tell you boys a little secret about bbq , pecan pie , cheeseburgers and most things really.
You can only get so good. None is really so much different from the next best, to drive across Texas for.
THE secret to being great, is simply to never be bad.

fenceman":m222sw6y said:
Dam boogie, brushy Bill was just a little mean.
Wes Hardin was a psychopath. :cboy:

My family never talked about it much. He comes in on my paternal grandmother's line. I read his autobiography and many more writings about him. He had kin in the Taylor Sutton Feud and I captured some gems about him out of there but cannot find them again all these years later. Should have made better notes or kept better records.

Interesting that he became a minister, then a lawyer and was admitted to the bar. He got to messing around with another man's woman and caught a bullet to the back of the head. Lesson learned here it seems.

Caustic Burno":1wykvvti said:
ricebeltrancher":1wykvvti said:

Stephenville is a tainted town as far as I am concerned got a DIL from there.
Almost wished I would have made the boy take the scholarship to UCLA, Rice versus Tarleton.
Son finally got wise enough to cut that pecan pie eating (bad word )loose.

They got some wildcats down there. You know what happens when one cow in the herd gets all white eyed and goes nuts. Next thing you know the whole darn bunch is stampeding to somewhere. That should speak volumes right there.

fenceman":2u33d49a said:
Tell you boys a little secret about bbq , pecan pie , cheeseburgers and most things really.
You can only get so good. None is really so much different from the next best, to drive across Texas for.
THE secret to being great, is simply to never be bad.

I ain't touching that !!!! :mrgreen:

Latest posts