Test

Help Support CattleToday:

Earl Thigpen

Reaction score
I think I had a test on moral character this morning and I feel like I failed.

On the way to work on a very busy two lane road I passed two little girls, ages 6 or 7, riding their bicycles. They were really having a hard time staying up on them. The road does not have a shoulder nor does it have a bicycle lane.

I slowed and gave them a wide berth but I did not stop to try to help. Neither did anyone else, by the way. I instead called 911 to see if there was a patrol car in the area to check on them. After about 7 minutes I finally got to speak to someone to report the incident.

I was more afraid of being accused of child molestation than I was for the safety of the children - and that's what's bothering me.

What would you have done? Did I do the right thing?

Yes,you did the right thing.In this day and time,You would have scared those kids out of a years growth if you had stoped. Calling 911 got a uniform out to see to them..If you had attempted to help them,it's very possiable you would have been arrested for attempted kidnaping......Sad to say,the day of takeing care of someone elses child is past,and we are poorer for it......

I think you DID do the right thing, by calling the police to let them handle it.

Those two kids could've just been fresh from running away from home, or something.

What I'd like to know is WHY were they on that road, especially when it was so busy like you said; they're an accident waiting for a place to happen.

Rustler9":3a884fw6 said:
It's sad that now you can't stop to see if someone needs help.

Yeah, because of the personal threat that's around nowadays. You don't know if the person that "needs help" is gonna rob you, kidnap you, or kill you. And then when you want to stop to help a couple of little kids there's the threat that you're gonna be blamed for something that you had no intent of doing.

It's a sad world, people, it's a sad, sad world.

You get my applause just because you didn't stop to molest them.

How's that for a sad world? :lol: :help:

It took 7 minutes to get thru to someone to report the incident...on a 911 call? Now, that's shameful.

I can't really think of anything else you could have done. In hindsight, you might have followed them from a distance with your flashers on until you saw the patrol car. But, that's hindsight, and hindsight is always 20/20.

It is a sad state of affairs that had you stopped to help, by being well meaning, you could have gotten youself in a bind.

Alice