Stress test??

Help Support CattleToday:

Didn't mention earlier that I woke up throwing up blood Jan 23rd. Wife took me to St Francis ER. had a Esophagal?? EGD done, found a bleeding ulcer, Dr said was from GERD, non cancerous and I have a hiatal hernia. Xray done at the time showed spots on lobe of lung.
Did a pulmonary function test and the technician said my lungs were younger than me.. No copd.

So I am completely at a loss as to why I run out of air so fast.

If you bend over to tie shoe get dizzy or winded most of time means your hearts got issues or in my case you cough and pass out

skyhightree1":3pn3kecu said:
If you bend over to tie shoe get dizzy or winded most of time means your hearts got issues or in my case you cough and pass out

Passing out when you cough is the body's normal response to keep you from rupturing a blood vessel in your brain. Don't know what it's called but I did that once and the DR.s told me its normal - just don't do it anymore. I haven't.

lavacarancher":1teyf1c4 said:
skyhightree1":1teyf1c4 said:

Passing out when you cough is the body's normal response to keep you from rupturing a blood vessel in your brain. Don't know what it's called but I did that once and the DR.s told me its normal - just don't do it anymore. I haven't.

Mine was cause my heart wasn't pumping it was fluttering and coughing was what made me pass out

Echocardiogram showed heart beating normal under stress.
Cardio Dr. Office called and told me to call my regular dr. Monday, I have low hemoglobin, as much beef, pork,chicken as I eat that surprised me. I am definitely carnivorous...
Maybe my ulcer was bleeding longer than I thought maybe still is :?

wacocowboy":22kwd7cb said:
Only thing I know about medical bills is they can take a chunk out of my wallet.
I haven't seen any current statistics, but in the past uninsured medical bills have been cited as a leading cause of
personal bankruptcies.

Son of Butch":zp43vuw9 said:
wacocowboy":zp43vuw9 said:
Only thing I know about medical bills is they can take a chunk out of my wallet.
I haven't seen any current statistics, but in the past uninsured medical bills have been cited as a leading cause of
personal bankruptcies.

Yeah I have heard that too.

Son of Butch":1d2i9xby said:
wacocowboy":1d2i9xby said:
personal bankruptcies.

That's a real chicken crap way out. I paid on a hospital bill for 11 years, if you can't or won't pay your bill don't go the hospital. That's one of the main reasons health insurance is unaffordable. Free loading off the taxpayers really pizzes me off.

True Grit Farms":1b7dsox5 said:
Son of Butch":1b7dsox5 said:
wacocowboy":1b7dsox5 said:
personal bankruptcies.

That's a real chicken crap way out. I paid on a hospital bill for 11 years, if you can't or won't pay your bill don't go the hospital. That's one of the main reasons health insurance is unaffordable. Free loading off the taxpayers really pizzes me off.

Yep I almost have my appendix surgery paid for I think that was back in 07.

danl":11u0x50f said:
Cardio Dr. Office called and told me to call my regular dr. Monday, I have low hemoglobin, as much beef, pork,chicken as I eat that surprised me. I am definitely carnivorous...

Or, Maybe you're just wormy danl..
;-)

True Grit Farms":1csipedy said:
Son of Butch":1csipedy said:
wacocowboy":1csipedy said:
personal bankruptcies.

Yup... if ya can't earn enough money in the added time cancer treatment provides then ya might as well die now and save everyone the trouble. Life has a price and if ya can't afford it... see ya later bye.

edited to add:
I'd hate to see a doctor/hospital not getting over paid in full.
I don't understand how filing personal bankruptcy = free loading off taxpayers.

danl":3s4q806h said:

that was going to be my guess. Can make you SOB (short of breath, not a, well, you know)

Son of Butch":2rqcq5i5 said:
True Grit Farms":2rqcq5i5 said:
Son of Butch":2rqcq5i5 said:
personal bankruptcies.

Yup... if ya can't earn enough money in the added time cancer treatment provides then ya might as well die now and save everyone the trouble. Life has a price and if ya can't afford it... see ya later bye.

edited to add:
I'd hate to see a doctor/hospital not getting over paid in full.
I don't understand how filing personal bankruptcy = free loading off taxpayers.

Life definitely has a price and no one owes you or me anything. If you want to gamble on health insurance why should the taxpayers foot the bill if you loose? A doctor or hospital is no different than any other business, you must make more than you spend. Who pays your debt when you file a personal bankruptcy? I call it passing the buck, and those that pay taxes will eventually end up paying for those that can't or won't.

greybeard":366c5s8e said:
danl":366c5s8e said:

Or, Maybe you're just wormy danl..
;-)
I don't think I'm wormy, I worm myself at least twice a year. I alternate between ivomec and the purple stuff and sometimes I accidentally spill some on the cows... :eek:

I had another EGD done and my ulcer is almost healed. Dr checked me for Barrets while he was in there and said no indication of that.
They did more blood work and said my iron is at 14 and should be 64 to 150 :(
Body can't make more hemoglobin without iron and the Prilosec stops absorption of iron from pills and food..
Dr said that a couple of years ago I would be getting a transfusion. They changed the guidelines, but I'm close.
He has set up an iron infusion for next week and put me on iron pills. Pharmacist recommended I take the pills at lunch with orange juice and maybe it will help.
The upside of the billions of $ of test, is that I'm otherwise very healthy.
I sure feel like crap to be in so healthy

danl":2rbizioo said:
I had another EGD done and my ulcer is almost healed. Dr checked me for Barrets while he was in there and said no indication of that.
They did more blood work and said my iron is at 14 and should be 64 to 150 :(
Body can't make more hemoglobin without iron and the Prilosec stops absorption of iron from pills and food..
Dr said that a couple of years ago I would be getting a transfusion. They changed the guidelines, but I'm close.
He has set up an iron infusion for next week and put me on iron pills. Pharmacist recommended I take the pills at lunch with orange juice and maybe it will help.
The upside of the billions of $ of test, is that I'm otherwise very healthy.
I sure feel like crap to be in so healthy

Good news though. Happy for ya.

A stress test can determine if you have heart disease. A doctor or trained technician performs the test. He'll learn how much your heart can manage before an abnormal rhythm starts or blood flow to your heart muscle drops.